I got home from the hospital yesterday! Yea! It was nice getting home to my own bed. It's almost impossible to sleep in the hospital hooked up to an IV, pulse oximeter, blood pressure cuff, 2 leg massagers (so I wouldn't get a blood clot in my leg), contraction monitor on my tummy and the baby's hearbeat monitor on my tummy as well. Can't really get comfy with all of that going on! Every time I had to go to the bathroom (which was often because I had to drink so much water) I had to unhook everything and then hook it back up! Fun times!
Now I am home and I am on orders to lay in bed or on the couch and just get up to go to the bathroom and to shower once a day. No cooking, cleaning, shopping or being on my feet. I can work from home on my laptop, which is nice, and I can go for a short car ride to my parents or in-laws house to lay on their couch, etc. but nothing major where I would be on my feet for any period of time. Poor Ryan is having to really do everything, but we also have lots of help with family and friends being close, so that is nice. I can't imagine not having that!!
I have to take pills every 4 hours around the clock, so right now I just set my cell phone alarm every 4 hours to take my pill. That includes 1:00 AM and 5:00 AM- guess I'll be nice and ready when baby gets here for those middle of the night feedings! All in all, I'm very thankful that they were able to stop the contractions and that I'm able to be home! I'll be on bedrest and meds until I'm 36 weeks, which is about the middle of February. I'm sure it will be here before I know it!
Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers!
7 comments:
I'll come by and help entertain you next week. I might even bring my autograph book for you to sign.
Lisa - so glad you are able to rest from home. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you!! I can run errands for you, babysit Addi or whatever might help. Just let me know!! Take care!!
I hope you get some good rest and relaxation!
Glad to hear you are home and resting. Try and enjoy your quiet time and keep us posted! =)
Wow. Time will fly by and baby will be here before you know it. I hope this time is restful and peaceful.
So glad you are home and doing well. What an ordeal! Get some rest and enjoy being waited on for a while :)
Lisa, I'm sorry you're on bed rest. I know you like to be on the go, so I'm sure it's hard. I know it would be for me. I hope you're hanging in there. Whatever it takes for a healthy baby boy, right?
Post a Comment