Monday, December 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Today is Ryan's 30th birthday! We had a fun party this last weekend on Saturday night. A lot of our friends and family were able to gather at Pappasito's for dinner and then we went out to Baker Street Pub in Fort Worth for the rest of the evening. I did not bring my camera. That is one bad thing about having a big, nice Nikon camera. It's a pain to lug it around because it is so big! So, I had Rusty take some pics- I'll get those from him and post them later. It was a fun night- thanks to everyone who came!

Sunday Ryan played golf and then we did his birthday dinner at his parent's house. We had steak and scallops- it was yummy! Thanks to mama Cheryl for getting all of that together!Today, Ryan's actual birthday was pretty low key. He worked all day- not too exciting! But I guess that's what happens when you turn 30. I took Addyson to the doctor this morning. She has her cough back and it has been coming back every few weeks. She has already been on 2 rounds of an oral steroid and that's not the best thing to be on. Her cough has gotten progressively worse over the weekend so I called at 7:30 this morning to see when I could get her in. Diagnosis: Full blown asthma. We've known that she has asthma for some time now, but now Dr. Sampson wants to probably put her on a daily medicine for it. She prescribed her an inhaled steroid for twice a day for a month. Fun times! 20 minutes in the morning and at night on the nebulizer for 30 days. Ugg- I guess it could be worse but any time Addyson is on meds it is such a chore. But I shouldn't complain because at least there are meds out there to help her! I kept her home for the rest of the day and we made daddy brownies for his b-day and she slept for almost 4 hours!! It was such good sleeping weather!

Tonight I made Ryan a yummy dinner- Chelsea's church chicken (couldn't find the post to link it to..), broccoli (did I spell that right??), acorn squash and brownies. Of course, my camera battery was dead so I didn't get any cute pics of Ryan and Addyson blowing out the candles. Also, I made the brownies with applesauce instead of vegetable oil and umm, they were not near as good. They always say that you can sub applesauce for the oil in any recipe, but it wasn't very good. The brownies were very dense and cakey. Oh well- at least they were low cal!

On a last note- Addyson has been calling me "old lady" lately. I have no idea where she would have heard that but she uses it whenever she can. Like today at Target while waiting for her prescription. She was in the cart and wanted out and I said- No- stay in there. Then she wanted a ring pop and I said No again. She then proceeded to yell at me (there was like 10 people waiting too) at the top of her lungs- " That's not fair you old lady". Nice. I just laughed to myself (without her seeing me) and ignored her. I quitely told her- Please do not call mommy an old lady. Tonight she wanted me to do something and I was doing something else and she yelled- "Come on you old lady!" I was like -seriously quit calling me old lady!! I said, please next time say "Come on sweet mommy". She thought for a minute and said "Come on you sweet old lady!" Ha- I guess that's better than just old lady!! Again, not sure where she picked that one up....

1 comment:

ChelseaSalomone said...

Glad Ryan's birthday went well! I can't wait to see the pictures!! I am CRACKING UP about "old lady." Where did she get that????