Well I went into labor last night! Not an ideal situation for 27 weeks at all. I have been non-stop busy since last Thursday and I probably (okay, I wasn't) drinking near enough water or resting. We did Six Flags, Christmas parties, play dates, working, baby showers- all of it added up and I started having contractions last night at 11:00. I drove myself to the hospital at 1:00 AM- I didn't want to mess with taking Addyson to my mom's or Cheryl's and waking up the whole world if this was a false alarm. Well, when I got to the hospital my contractions were 2 minutes apart and were starting to hurt just a little. Yikes! I was admitted to the hospital around 3:45 and started an IV, fluids, antibiotics, pills, steroid shots- the whole gammet. The pills worked for 30 minutes and then the contractions started back. So, plan 2 was to try a shot of some drug. That has seemed to work!! I have been feeling better but I'll be here until probably tomorrow so they can continue monitoring me and I have to get another steroid shot tomorrow morning at 4:30 AM (they do them 24 hours apart). That should be a nice wake up call!
I am fully trusting in the Lord to take care of all of us and I know he will do what is best. Continue praying for all of us!
I'll be on bedrest for possibly the remainder of my pregnancy. We'll see how this goes when I leave the hospital to see if the contractions return. Thanks for all of your positive thoughts and prayers!
7 comments:
I am so proud of your positive attitude and the fact that you drove yourself to the hospital!! Oh my gosh. Hang in there! We are praying for a healthy baby when the time is right.
Praying for you! That is scary! Get some rest Lisa, if it's even possible!!
Oh my goodness, I'll be thinking about you.
oh my gosh! hang in there and take it easy so that baby can cook as long as possible!
I'm praying for you friend! God is good and He will carry you through this! :)
You guys will definitely be in our prayers. Take care of yourself and that little one!
Thinking about you guys and praying for you also. Rest and stay off your feet as much as possible... you need that little man to grow a little more!!
Post a Comment