Here we are in the lobby bar first night. I was welcomed into humid weather which I have NOT been missing!!
My manager Amy and her hubby Russell. We hung out with them pretty much whole trip!
Friends Alicia and Andrew. Alicia is the Dallas Business/Computers rep. We've worked together for the past 6 1/2 years.
This was pretty indicative of our weather the whole time. Nice.... Ugg!! The sun peeked through here and there, but overall it was cloudy.

Before dinner one night
Hanging out on the beach!
Funny story- one night we had dinner reservations at the Japanese restaurant. They apparently have a very strict "no shorts" policy. One of the husbands didn't bring any pants besides shorts so the resort had some "loaner pants" that they gave him! Ha- good to know in case you run into this situation one day. They stock all waist sizes of pants!!
Yummy- hibachi! It was very good!
One night we ventured over to the "Galaxy Club" within the resort. I'll leave you with these fine pictures of Star Wars characters lining the walls....kind of creepy! All the star wars guys had machine guns..yikes!
You can tell how humid it was- we all look so sticky!
Saturday it rained and was pretty chilly. We sat on our balcony for a good part of the day reading our books. SOOO not something we can ever do at home!
Our view- not the best, but not bad either.
I fell asleep a few times in the swing!
Last night dinner. We had more lobster on this trip than I have probably ever eaten! Saturday night menu was Surf and Turf and it was really good as well! I know I complained about the food, but with the exception of Japanese dinner and Surf and Turf night. All other meals were at the buffet and that is what wasn't very good...
Saturday night we had the awards banquet. We all went up on stage and were recognized for our achievements. They gave us a nice silver frame from Tiffany & Co and a $200 Tiffany gift card! Nice! :) Breakfast overlooking ocean on Sunday morning. Cloudy.....again. :(
We had a nice time but were of course, glad to see our babies! They had a blast "living" at MiMi and Nana's house. I am really glad that Addyson loves going over there so much. It's nice to not worry about her missing me too much! She has such a fun time! Thank you so much to everyone who helped us out while we were gone. We had Kiley house-sitting, everyone watching our kiddos and we truly appreciate it! On another note, we never felt unsafe in Mexico. Granted we didn't venture outside of the Hotel at all besides to and from the airport. I was nervous about going to Mexico, but it all turned out well!
2 comments:
Sorry the weather wasn't the best for you guys--we went in early January one year and it was pretty much the same. Windy and not exactly warm enough to be in your swimsuit on the beach! Good to know about feeling safe...I've actually been wondering about that. At least you got a nice relaxing getaway!
Jason and I stayed at the same hotel last April. I agree, the food was not so good, but the hotel was beautiful. Glad you guys got away and looks like you had fun!
Post a Comment