Little Addyson Tate. My precious baby girl! She has been so sweet lately and I haven't done a blog post on just her in a while. Last weekend (on Saturday) she woke up from her nap and was crying that her ear hurt. Now, to me, this is serious. Addyson has a super high pain tolerance and rarely complains about something hurting. She is the type to fall, bump her head, scrape her leg, whatever and jump up and say "I'm okay!!" and run off. So, when she says something is hurting, is must be REALLY hurting!
I gave her some Tylenol and again, in true Lisa fashion, I called the doctor right away. I mean it was Saturday and if Addyson had an ear infection, I didn't want to wait until Monday to treat it. Dr. Sampson told me to get some over the counter ear drops for the pain (which did help- Simalicin if anyone needs them, they are all natural and just help with ear pain) and told me to call her in the morning if it was still bothering her. I gave them to Addyson and they did seem to help. She was back to normal. Sunday morning she woke up and wasn't complaining about her ear. I asked her if it hurt and she said, "Yes, really bad". I called Dr. Sampson ( only because she told me too!!) and she went ahead and called her in some antibiotics. Sunday afternoon Addyson went down for a nap and woke up with all kinds of fun gooey stuff coming out of her ear. Her hair next to her left ear was all wet and inside her ear was nice and yucky! Lovely- bursted ear drum! This is the 3rd or 4th time this has happened to her. I am a little (or maybe more than a little) worried about hearing loss. So, I called Dr. Sampson for a third time that weekend (I am sounding like one of "those moms"....or maybe I am!) just to make sure there wasn't anything she would change or anything else I needed to do and she did prescribe her antibiotic ear drops. So, good thing I called! :) We went in Monday morning to get it all checked out and low and behold she has a nice hole in her ear drum. Poor baby! Dr. S said that when the ear drum bursts it is very painful and she couldn't believe that Addyson had only complained about it the day before. Within 24 hours it had bursted. So, we go back to the ENT the last week of January to make sure everything has healed. Most likely it will heal on its own, she may have to have another tube in or it may be necessary to patch the hole in her eardrum if it does not heal properly. Let's hope and pray for option number 1! She does not like me putting in the ear drops and tonight she was screaming that her ear hurt really badly. Again, hasn't complained about it since last weekend so if she says it is hurting again I am a little worried that something might be wrong. Knowing me, we'll drop by the Dr. tomorrow just to get it checked out. Okay, okay, I am one of those "would rather be safe than sorry" moms! :) Say a little prayer for Addyson that her ear heals and that she does not have any hearing loss. Thank you!
Also, Addyson has been having some bad dreams/scary moments at night. A few days ago she was talking about ghosts. This was after she had been watching Harry Potter, which she loves. I think that might be a little big for her and I'm going to have to maybe not let her watch that for now. At 6:15 this morning I head a VERY loud shrill scream at the top of her lungs and then I jumped out of bed. She was running down the hallway screaming and crying and said a ghost had been in her room and he was tickling her on the back and laughing, Ha Ha Ha (in a mean little voice). Ahh, poor baby! How scary that must have been. She was shaking and crying and so scared. She jumped in bed with us and cuddled until I could muster myself out of bed at 7. She was really scared poor thing! Let's hope she gets over this little phase. Tonight she wanted to sleep with her door open and the hall light on.
Addyson has also been using such grown up language lately. And by grown up, I just mean big words! It's so funny to hear her sweet little voice with such big words and her r's as w's. Like this morning I was talking to her about the "ghost" and she said (in a very serious voice), "Mom, it was just so mystewious that ghost in my room". Ha- no I didn't mis-spell mysterious, just wrote it how she would say it (Shout out to Wonder Pets for this I am sure!!)! Also, when I ask her to do something like, "Hey Addyson will you go throw this away for me" or something like that, she'll laugh and smile and say, "oh surely mom" and go help me out. Such the big girl helper!
I just absolutely love the age she is at! Another thing we do at night (this might sound cheesy, but it is seriously such a sweet little moment) is we do butterfly kisses, eskimo kisses and then Addy kisses (which is just a peck on the lips). She loves this and so do I!
I signed her up for soccer this spring, so we are excited to try that out! I also want to enroll her in gymnastics but just haven't done it yet. Fun times!!
1 comment:
Oh my goodness...poor thing! I can't believe she is so tough!
Post a Comment