Thursday, October 22, 2009

Beautiful chaos!

Well, today is my birthday! It hasn't been very glamorous, just another day. I got lots of nice texts and calls today- thank you to all who called me! I worked in Stephenville today at Tarleton and met up with my boss's boss. We had a few appointments, got stood up one time, and then we were done. I stopped in Weatherford on my way back in and had 2 more appointments. So, a busy work day. On the way home I was trying to coordinate with Ryan on what we were going to do tonight. Ryan got back late last night from being out of town for basically 6 days and he had a busy day today as well. So, I wasn't expecting anything really at all! I wasn't trying to be a marder about it- I really didn't care if I ate cereal at home! I knew we would probably get together at some point this weekend with friends, etc. so doing something on the actual day of my b-day really isn't a big deal. Ryan's mom then called and wanted to set something up for everyone to meet for dinner tonight. Long story short- we made plans to go to PF Changs and then for various reasons everyone had to cancel, so we ended up at Spring Creek BBQ with me, Ryan and Addyson!

After waiting in line for seriously 30 minutes (they were doing a school fund raiser of course) we got our food and settled down to eat. Of course then Addyson decided she needed to go potty, she dropped her roll, she started crying because she wanted red jello instead of the organge (that was at first green), blah blah blah. At several times Ryan and I looked at each other during dinner and just laughed at what our life has become. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade it for the world, it was just a little crazy! I said at one point- can you even imagine what life will be like when we have a baby to tote along with us as well???? We both decided spontaneous out to eats will probably not be happening!

We then got home and it was so chilly outside that I said I was going to take a nice (quick) hot bath and relax a little. So I turned on the water and in came Addyson runing and saying that she wanted to get in with me. Whatever- that's fine. So, the bath tub was filling up and I stepped in to a nice ice cold tub of water. Lovely! I had forgotten that this morning I suspeced our hot water heater pilot had gone out. My shower wasn't cold, but it never got super hot, so that is usually a sign that the pilot blew out. Well by now, all the hot water was for sure gone. Big sigh. Oh well- I tried. Again, I just laughed because it was about par for the course today!

I guess this is what happens when you turn 29- I am seriously not complaining at all!!! I have a LOT to be thankful for and I don't discount that at all and I honestly would not want it any other way! It's just funny how things change! It kind of reminds me of the song called My Front Porch Looking In- love that song!

Highs of the day- Ryan brought me flowers and Addyson gave them to me and said "I love you so much mom, Happy Birthday!" - so sweet!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Lisa!!!! My 29th is just around the corner. :/

Tammy said...

Happy Birthday!!

lisaburgess27 said...

That's hilarious! Happy Birthday :) These days Eric and I often say to each other "how are we going to do this with another baby?" It's funny to think about! I guess we will all make it work :) Hope you are feeing good!

Paige said...

Happy Birthday! That sounds like a crazy day. Spontaneous dinners out are SO over with two kids. Not even worth the trouble. If we have restaurant cravings Zach will just go pick it up and bring it home.

Brittany said...

Ok, you are gonna die, but we went to Spring Creek last night too, and the kids were hellacious. I think we had the same conversation over dinner that you guys did. Wish we would have met up and done it all together, wouldn't that have been a blast! Uhhhh! Tis the life.

Justin and Allison said...

That does sound like a crazy birthday. Happy Birthday.