Tonight I was playing baseball with Addyson in the front yard. When we were done, she wanted to bring in her bat. I was like- whatever. I really didn't think twice about it. I came in the house and started fixing her dinner and not 30 seconds later I heard the crash. It's really my fault because who lets their kids play with bats inside? Oops! I didn't even say anything to her like- Be Careful with that or anything. I guess I was in the "play with whatever you want mode so mommy can fix dinner". At least it wasn't anything major that broke- just a cute decorative pumpkin that sat on the coffee table. Definitely replaceable!

6 comments:
That's my girl! Did she bat her eyes and act innocent, like her Aunt Kiley taught her? Miss you!
Welcome to my world dear! We have started to take money out of the piggy bank every time someone breaks a toy or something. My free time ALWAYS costs me something. I bet she was scared to death.
Addyson's reaction was more of "Freeze and maybe mommy didn't notice that loud sound". When i walked in there I calmly said- This is why we don't play with bats in the house- move away before you cut your foot". I didn't even get mad about it b/c I knew that it was probably an accident and if it wasn't- well, I had not told her to be careful or anything and she's never had the bat in the house before, so hmm, maybe she was testing her limits. Who knows. She cried for maybe 5 seconds until I told her it was not a big deal and then she seemed fine. Lesson learned by all (I hope!)
Why is it that when I read your post I immediately thought of a real live bat??? Now that would've been rediculous!
BTW...thanks for the recipe, I tried it tonight and it was awesome!
Yeah! I thought it was a real bat too!! This was actually a relief to read.
oops! :) Looks like you handled it perfectly!!
Post a Comment