Monday, September 26, 2011

Aggie football weekend- WHOOP!

Last weekend Ryan and I and Ryan's friend Rusty and his girlfriend Heather all ventured down to College Station for the weekend. We had so much fun! We rented an RV from Aggieland RV rental for Friday, Saturday and returned it on Sunday. Fun times if I must say so!! Rusty and Heather drove in from Oxford, Mississippi on Thursday afternoon and we left around noon on Friday. First stop- Czech Bakery in West, Texas so that I could pick up a birthday cake for Rusty. Ryan decided to be Mr. Funny man and also purchase Rusty a pickeled pigs foot. OMG- that thing was so disgusting and stinky. People actually eat those things!! YUCK!!


We tried to get Rusty to take a little bite but it didn't happen. He gagged when it got close to his mouth. I was gagging just watching. Again, YUCK!!


Rusty and his girlfriend Heather. They were fun to hang out with!

Second stop: Polly's Cocina in the heart (hood) of Bryan. This was me and Ryan's FAV restaurant in college. We ate here at least once a week if not usually twice. Once for lunch and once for dinner. And how did I not gain any weight in college? Not sure, but this place is sure yummy! Since it was Rusty's bday, he got to wear the lovely hat!

Group pic! Polly, the owner, always recognizes Ryan when she sees him. We have been here probably once a year since college (or less) just when we come down to College Station. I think we were her best customers back in the day!

Saturday was filled with tailgating, and errr......Magnum 40s?? Yes, we did stop for one of these!







Our seats were up in the Zone and when I say up, I mean up!! It was very hot and very sunny!

After our disappointing loss (don't get me started!!), we came back to the RV for some birthday cake, which unfortunately, was not the greatest. :(

We hung out that night sitting outside in the beautiful weather and reminiscing on the old college days. I LOVED being down there for the weekend- brought back so many memories and fun times. College Station has changed a lot- they have so many new restaurants, stores and apartments. Fun place to be!!



Sunday we packed up and headed home. I realized when we were packing up that I had not taken any pics of the inside of our RV, so here they are! We were packing up so it is a mess, but you can get an idea at least! There was one queen bed, one double bed (bottom bunk) and a twin bed on top bunk. We had a table, fridge, freezer, sink, shower, oven and microwave. What else do ya need?





Fun times were had by all and we are looking forward to going down again. One thing we noticed were the amount of 8-10 year old kids out running around at the tailgates. All the kids bring their bikes, scooters, skateboards and such and run around the parking lots all weekend long. It is a really fun, family friendly atmosphere where we were and when the kids get older I think they'll have lots of fun going with us. Good times!!

2 comments:

Marcy said...

Huh? Since when has it been called "Polly's" Cocina? I am so out of the Aggieland loop!

Lisa and Ryan said...

Polly's Cocina, formerly known as Mi Cocina, got sued by the Mi Cocina chain up here for naming rights. Ridiculous!