Hello fellow mommies!!
Okay, I'm running into a problem. Ben WILL NOT take a bottle. If you remember my post from last week about when Ryan and I went out for our anniversary and Ben screamed for 3 hours- I could never figure out what was wrong or what happened. He was fine the next day, just happy as a clam. During the week last week I had Ryan give him a bottle one morning while I took Addyson to camp. He would not take a bottle from Ryan (it was breast milk that had been frozen) or a formula bottle (Ryan thought the breast milk had gone bad so he made some formula- he wouldn't take either one). He just screams and gets REALLY mad. The sweet boy has a little bit of a temper! This last Saturday night we had a party to attend for Nick and Chelsea and my parents were going to watch Ben. I fed him at 6:00 before we left and then left some frozen breastmilk for my mom to give him at 9:30 or so. Ben did the same thing! He cried and screamed for an hour and a half and refused to eat. Yikes! What is the deal?? When we got there to pick him up he had just fallen asleep/passed out from crying so much (so sad!) and I took him and tried to feed him the bottle, he wouldn't take it and then I breastfed him and he ate for like 35 minutes (which is a long time for him). Poor thing was hungry but he was not going to take a bottle. So, this brings me to my conclusion that it is the bottle that is making him mad. Any suggestions on the transition?
I am going to Miami for our sales meeting in August for 6 whole days and I HAVE to get this figured out before then! Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Also, the pump I have is really old and I might invest in a better one- any suggestions on a good, portable pump? I need to be able to pump in my car (lovely I know!) and possibly travel with it. The one I have now is a Medela but it is pretty old.
5 comments:
Have you tried Tommy Tippee bottles? We love them and the shape of the nipple is so much like a breast. I personally think and have heard that Medela is the best pump. I don't like the car charger for it, but it works great with batteries.
I sent you an email. I wrote too much and did not want to take up so much space!!
Hi Lisa, sorry to hear Ben doesn't like the bottle! My sister in law has a 5 month old and he is the same way. She has tried a bunch of different bottles and he finally somewhat took to the playtex drop in bottles. The only way he will eat is if they lay him down flat on his back and hold the bottle up for him. It still takes a while but he does get some. Good luck!
What bottles are you using? I would suggest Dr. Browns! He may just be a breast baby! Good luck, keep us updated.
One of my friend's dealt with this issue and it was tough. What they finally had to do, before he would take the bottle, was basically syringe/straw feed him. That way he was getting something. They would just put a little milk in his mouth at a time. He did finally transition to the bottle, but it did take a lot of work. Good luck!
Post a Comment