Monday, June 14, 2010

Flashbacks

Today is me and Ryan's 7 year anniversary!! Saturday night we went out to Del Frisco's with Jennifer and Nick. Their 6 year anniversary was Saturday, so we all went out and celebrated! It was a fun evening and it's hard to believe that our weddings were 6 and 7 years ago. Time flies!

We dropped Addyson off at my mom's house and Ben off at Ryan's mom's house. When we got to Cheryl's house Ben was asleep. I was going to pump over there because it would be around his feeding time but pumping would be easier because I wasn't quite sure when he would get up, etc. Ben woke up in a fussy mood while I was pumping. I could hear him screaming in the other room and thought well, guess I should just feed him instead of pumping. But I was almost done, so I kept going. He continued to scream- he was really mad!! So I went out there and poured the milk into a bottle and we would be on our way. Except that Ben was still REALLY mad. Like unusually mad. He gets ticked off here and there but can always be consoled after a while. He didn't want anything to do with the bottle and he was kicking his legs and crying really bad. We went ahead and left and thought, oh he'll settle down in a minute. I called them about 45-50 minutes later to check on him and I could still hear him screaming in the background. Great- what was wrong with him?? I was thinking- geez, is he that attached to mommy?? Or what could it be? I can usually get him to calm down pretty quickly and I hadn't even really tried before I left. So here we are going to a nice dinner and I am of course, worried about little Ben. We sat down at our table and had some drinks and I had Ryan call his parents to check on Ben again. It's one of those things- I would be able to fully relax if I called and he was okay and then if he wasn't.... well, I was hoping that he was better! Well that was about 8:30 and he was STILL screaming! Now, I started to worry! What was wrong with little Benny??

Cheryl said he wouldn't eat and was just kicking his legs and screaming a lot. That's when I started having flashbacks to Miss Addyson Tate. This was her behavior ALL of the time her first few months with her tummy problems. Cheryl also said that Ben had a huge diaper explosion all over Grams- like it went everywhere!! Poor Grams! Sorry about that! So at that point I was like- well, we will for sure go and pick him up after dinner (he was going to spend the night). I was able to enjoy dinner because it was soooo good! At about 9:30 Ryan's phone rang and I thought- great. This is never good! Cheryl would only call if it was REALLY bad. She actually had called to say that he had just fallen asleep. Poor thing was so worn out from screaming for 3 hours!

We went and picked him up and he was sleeping soundly. We packed him up and took him home and he went right to sleep. He woke up around 5:15 and normally I would have tried to get him back to sleep but I went ahead and got up to feed him because I knew he hadn't eaten in a while. He was fine the next day!

I was trying to figure out what on earth could have caused him to act that way and I had a little bit of ice cream Saturday afternoon (I know, nice healthy snack!) and I fed him pretty soon after that. Maybe it was too much "milk" product that didn't have time to break down before I fed him?? That was Addyson's problem- any time I ate dairy it would tear her stomach up. But I eat dairy (milk, cheese, etc) all the time and it doesn't seem to bother him. I have also had ice cream several times since he was born, but it may usually be at night and then it metabolizes over night so it's broken down in the breast milk before I feed him. I don't know- it's the only thing I could come up with on why he may have acted that way. Whatever it was- hope it doesn't happen again!

5 comments:

Justin and Allison said...

Poor Ben. Hope all is well with him still. Happy Anniversary!

Tammy said...

Happy Anniversary! I am so glad to hear that Ben is better! We need to get together again soon!

Anonymous said...

Poor Boochie!! He needed his Leelee!! Glad he is better.

LeeAnn

ChelseaSalomone said...

I'm glad you were still able to enjoy dinner and that it doesn't happen again.

ChelseaSalomone said...

AND.... HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!