My sweet little Addyson before we left! Happy Memorial Day!
The hammock was a big hit with the kids!
Wee!!+029.jpg)
Addyson looking at the lake! She was so excited!
Nana and the boys! (Minus Ben!)
Addy and P about to go down to the lake+039.jpg)
+041.jpg)
+042.jpg)
Our house was up on a cliff and we had a very steep walk down to the lake every day. Here is a pic of the stairs we walked down. After the stairs we had to climb down some rocks and then we were at our dock. Luckily the deck outside of our house had a gate and so it was safe for the kids.
Bosten and Addy having a talk about life out on the deck. We were all inside and I saw them out on the deck having a heart to heart.
I went outside and told them to smile.....+060.jpg)
+061.jpg)
On Wednesday we met up with my friend Tiffany and her family. They were also in Spicewood for the week. We met up at their house and went swimming. They had 5 kids there too and they were all about the same age as ours. We had a great time and it was fun to meet up with them!
Me and Tiffany+069.jpg)
Lake fun! Pops bought this big raft on line and it was awesome! 8 people could sit in it and the kids had fun jumping in the water off of it!
+079.jpg)
+080.jpg)
On Thursday we went to Slab Road in Kingsland. Ryan, Dustin and Kiley used to come here when they were kids because their grandparents lived in Kingsland. It's a bunch of rocks with running water. The water was COLD but once you were in it was a little better!
Ben with his shirt on his head. The kids thought this was funny!
Parker with Ben- she loved holding him so much (and he loves her!)! So sweet!
Addy Tate and Ben+110.jpg)
+111.jpg)
My sweet little Addyson!+116.jpg)
+118.jpg)
Nana with Addyson and Ben+122.jpg)
Me and my babies!
Family Pic!
Last night at dinner- best we could get!
We had a great time this week- thank you so much to Keith and Cheryl for taking us to the lake for a week! We made some great memories and it was some much needed time away. The hardest part of vacation is coming back! We were back home on Saturday to laundry, grocery shopping, etc. When I was a kid I would come home from vacation and my parents would do all of the laundry, etc. Now, I have to do it all and it's no fun! Also, Saturday I was saddened to hear of the loss of Sue Kuligowski. She fought a very brave battle with lung cancer and she will definitely be missed. I think that woman had more friends and people who love her than anyone I know! My heart goes out to Katie (and Stephen and Tony) as I know she has been right by her mom's side through this entire journey and I pray that they are all getting through this okay. Please say a prayer for them today.
1 comment:
Funny that we have similar family vacations at the same time. I love river/lake trips!
Post a Comment