So, now I am confused! I have pumped once a day every day this week and Ben has taken a bottle just fine for me! The differences are:
1) it has never been frozen breastmilk whereas the other times it was frozen and then thawed out (and warmed up of course). Not sure if this is making a difference- I wouldn't think so.
2)He has not been mad when I tried to feed him. At my mom's and Nana's I think he was fussy/mad (probably from being tired) when they tried to feed him.
3)It has been straight breastmilk- no formula added. At nana's it was BM (but he was really mad!), but at my mom's I had her add an oz. of formula because I only had 4 oz pumped.
I am thinking the aversion now is to formula and not to the bottle. This week when I have fed him from a bottle, it has been BM. At a couple of other feedings I tried feeding him formula (straight formula, no BM) and he spits it out, won't take it, etc. So, that is where i think the issue is. I have tried 3 kinds of formula- Similac Soy (which he took a couple of times when he was 2 months old with no problem), Enfamil and then Similac Sensitive (lactose free, which he took a little while in the hospital at birth). I've tried adding just one oz of formula to 4 oz of BM, but he can detect it and won't take any of the bottle! And, I hate to keep doing that because it wastes my BM and that is in limited supply!! I don't have a lot of frozen to just experiment with.
Any suggestions on this? Does anyone know of a formula that is supposed to be the closest to BM? The reason I really need to get him okay with a formula is because of my trip to Miami in August (for work) and I don't think I can pump enough to last for 6 full days.
3 comments:
Two suggestions: 1) Have you thought about trying to increase your milk supply by taking any sort of supplements? Brewer's yeast, Fenugreek, Mother's Milk Tea, Blessed Thislte, etc??? I have the recommended dosages for all of these if you would like them... This could hoepfully du awat with the formula problem all together!! I know this may sound crazy but may be you could save up enough to get him through those 6 days. 2) I have always heard that Neslte Good Start is the closest to brest milk. That is what a I used with Brooks when my supply would get low. Hope this helps and email me or call me if you want any of that information.
Hey Lisa! I saw your comment on my blog. We are using Enfamil Lipil Premium. That is what I used for Campbell also. I hope Ben takes a formula bottle for you soon. I'm sure it is stressing you out. Good luck and keep us posted!
Blake would never, ever take any formula and it about drove me crazy. She was breastmilk all the way and if I even put a smidge in the bottle she would know. I tried to wean her several times throughout the first year bc I was so tired of nursing, but she just wouldn't have it. Even when it was time to switch her to whole milk, she didn't want that either. I had to mix it with yobaby smoothies and gradually increase the whole milk until she would take a bottle of milk. Kylie isn't that way at all. It made it so hard to wean. I feel your pain and relate to your frustration.
Post a Comment