Sunday, May 15, 2011

Our weekend!

Wow! Another weekend come and gone! We had a busy and fun weekend and I am sorry to say I took pictures but can't post any. For some strange reason about a month ago I put in my memory card (as I always have) into my computer. Nothing came up. Usually a box would come up and I would click to download my pics. It isn't working now! Any ideas? I tried, of course, manually opening the disc under My Computer, etc but nothing seems to work. So, for now I can't get my pics off the memory card and onto my computer. Bummer!! I haven't posted Easter pics and lots more. Anyways, if you have any suggestions I would love to hear them!

Friday night we met Jennifer, Nick and Clayton up at Walnut Creek for dinner. It was a fun time and we're looking forward to lots of summer activities out there for the kiddos!

Saturday we had a birthday party to attend and then we had a couple of friends over for a fish fry. The food turned out great and everyone had a good time. All the kids were well behaved and played so good together! It was a really fun night!

Today we ALL slept in! It was glorious! Ben slept until 8:40 (which is actually normal for him these days) and Addyson (my early riser) slept until a little after 9! It was great! We got up, had breakfast and headed to the park to ride bikes and play. It was lots of fun!

Addyson had her last soccer game today and she did great. We'll probably do either soccer or T-ball again in the Fall. She is super excited about swimming this summer. She seems to prefer independent sports.....:) Not sure what that means! This afternoon I took her to Target while Ben took a nap. She was so good at the store and listened very well (which doesn't always happen!). We were checking out and that darn Target places these chincy little toys in every check out aisle. Of course Addyson always wants one and I told her not today. She put it back without too much of a fuss. On the way out I told her, "Addyson, you were so good at the store today. Thanks for being such a good girl!" She very politely replied, "Ah Mom, it was my pleasure". HA! It was so funny and cute! I just wanted to bottle her up right then and there! She gave me a big hug and I've just laughed at that answer all afternoon. So cute!

Another funny Addy story today.....we were in the backyard playing this afternoon and our neighbors septic was going off. For some reason (sorry if this is GROSS!) it did not smell very good at all. (I mean what do you expect, but I think they need to put some chlorine tabs in!) I said, "Eww, that stinks!!" and Addyson said, "It must be the dinosaurs". I looked at her kind of confused and said, "Why?" and her answer was, "Well mom, remember....you said the dinosaurs were extinct!" (which she interprets as Ex-Stink!!!) Ha! She cracks me up!

Hope you all had a good weekend!!

No comments: