Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Weight Watchers!

In all of my free time this week (Ha! Well, I have been home, but "free time" isn't exactly the words I would use to describe entertaining 2 kiddos!!) I decided to sign up for Weight Watchers on-line. Ryan and I both actually decided to do it, which I think will make us more successful if we do it together. Well, that is what I initially thought!

I signed up and with the new PointsPlus Program I get 29 points a day. For anyone who has done weight watchers before, this may sound like a lot of points. They have changed the point values so that ALL fruits and veggies have zero points and other foods have higher points than they used to. All points used to be based on calories but now they are taking into consideration protein, fiber, fat and carbs to come up with point values. Makes sense!

Then Ryan goes to sign up and create his profile. He gets 47 points a day! That just discouraged me right there! He gets to eat like twice as much as I do!! Wow- I sound like a fattie saying that! Ha!! But seriously, while I am counting each point today, he is talking about how he needs to go look for something to eat to use up some of his points because he doesn't see how he could possibly eat 47 points each day. Oh, go shove it! What a problem to have!! His solution to me was that I could gain a bunch of weight and then I would probably be allowed more points too. Hmm, sounds a little counterproductive! Maybe I'll just stick to my 29 points!

I have kind of been obsessing over the Weight Watchers site. There are lots of great ideas on there for ways to cut back, but not actually feel like you are cutting back. I googled some WeightWatcher super bowl snacks and pretty much everything I found sounded really yummy and not some fake attempt at a snack. So, we'll see how it goes! Have any of you out there every done WW and if so, I would love any tips and tricks (or yummy low point foods you found!). I think that is the key- find some things you like that are low points and keep them in the pantry so that when you do snack, its not terrible stuff! I have such a sweet tooth, so that is definitely my area that will be hard for me. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

i just started WW three weeks ago to loose this baby weight! the points plus takes a little getting used to but i really think its easier. but i honestly get a ton of points too because i am breastfeeding so i think i get like 42 points a day. i rarely use them all but i try to get close so that my milk supply doesnt start to decrease. as far as snacks go i have been eating a lot of the special k bars, crackers, and baked chips and they are either 2-3 pts a piece. and the fun size twix bars are only 2 points and it cures my sweet tooth. i eat the veggie pattys by morningstar and also have used the progresso light soups at night when i dont feel like cooking- they are like 3-4 pt for the whole can. after the first week it gets easier because you already sort of know how many points all the foods in your house are. good luck!!!

Marcy said...

I just emailed you but I agree that the Progresso Light soups are good for lunch or even half a can for a snack. Also, I used to eat Fiber One bars and they are so yummy and good for a sweet tooth. I don't know how many points they are on the new system but maybe check it out? And that's what always frustrated me about doing WW with Brian, also--I would get a cup of casserole for dinner and he would get double!

ChelseaSalomone said...

I love doing Weight Watchers. We should do it too! I always buy the Weight Watcher ice cream bars in the freezer section- they are seriously SO good.

Meredith Murray said...

Way to go Lisa, I love WW. I did it after each baby and it has proven the most logical way to loose weight since you're really not denying yourself anything, just watching your portions and planning for your indulgences. I have an awesome taco soup recipe that is super yummy and filling, and I think 2 pts per serving. I'll make a big batch and eat it for lunch all week. Also, for a sweet treat- sugar free jello or chocolate pudding with a scoop of light coolwhip on top- it's like 0 points or maybe 1. Good luck! It won't take you long at all to reach your goal weight! How's Ryan's dad?

Liz said...

You just inspired me. I haven't been so good about eating healthy since Peyton was born, and I definitely haven't exercised like I had planned. Maybe I'll start WW too!