Friday was Ben's official B-day and Saturday was his party. I ordered his invitations from Tiny Prints, and I was so happy with the way they turned out! It had spots for 12 pictures on the front- one for each month! It was fun going through all the pictures from the last year and picking my fav from each month. We just had a small family party and it was just perfect for Ben's day!
Here's the back....sorry the spacing is a little weird....happy little boy!

Party favors! I had cookies made in a "1" (geez, in case you couldn't tell!) that matched the invitation. They were yummy!!!
Here's the back....sorry the spacing is a little weird....happy little boy!

Party favors! I had cookies made in a "1" (geez, in case you couldn't tell!) that matched the invitation. They were yummy!!!
Nana and Ben
Love this picture! MiMi and Ben
Aunt Kiley and Ben. He was just so happy sitting here on Kiley's lap!
All the kiddos on the golf cart! When I look at this picture I think of teenagers all packed into a car. Ahhhhh! It will be here before I know it! 
Nick and Clayton about to take a spin!
Hallie, Addyson and Parker having fun!
Now comes the fun part.....cake! We kind of had bad timing on the whole cake thing. While we were all eating dinner, I fed Ben his dinner as well. He, as usual, ate like a horse! So, when it was time for cake, he wasn't exactly hungry....so he was a little fussy through the whole thing because I think he was a little overwhelmed at everyone crowding around him and he was ready to get out of the highchair!
Hmmm, not sure what to do with this!
Quick- family pic! Before I get really mad!!! (that would be Ben getting mad, not me!!)
Okay, now let's talk about the cake. For anyone that knows me, they know that I love cake. I take special pride in getting cute cakes, yummy cakes, whatever....I just like cake! So, when I ordered Ben's cake, I called our baker at Fresh From the Oven. He made Addyson's last cake and I just LOVED it! Cutest thing ever. This one......well, not so much. This would actually be catagorized in the MOST RANDOM CAKE EVER or THE UGLIEST BOY CAKE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD! I mean, seriously, look at this thing!! What the HECK is going on with it? So Random! I even scanned in Ben's invitation and emailed it to him and told him to match the colors. I asked for an entire Blue cake with a big orange "1" in the middle.....and this is what I picked up. Ugliest cake ever. Please forgive me Ben!
It tasted good though.....and I guess that's all that matters!
We opened presents! Ben loves his big chair from Nana and Pops!
Giving sissy sweet kisses! She approves! Love this pic of them!
LeeAnn got him a big dump truck and Parker was taking him for rides around the house. Wee!!!
Parker and Ben hanging out in the chair- P is so sweet to Ben!
Aunt Brittany giving Ben some lovin! They got him this super cute drum set and some other LOUD toys! Thanks B! Ha Ha- he loves them! Ben with his signature look! ;)
Overall, Ben had a great first birthday and he was wiped out when it was all over! He got lots of cute clothes, a basketball goal from MiMi and PaPa, some shoes, a big dump truck, a water table from Mom and Dad, some balls for outside from Addyson and a couple of super cute swimsuits for the summer. He is one loved little boy and we cannot imagine life without our sweet Bennie Boo! Ben, mommy and daddy love you more than words can describe! Your sweet personality and precious little smile light up any room and we can't wait to see what each new day brings for you! Love you sweet boy!Today, we had his one year appointment! Everything looks great and he is right on track developmentally! Here are the stats:
Weight: 23 lbs 4 oz (60th percentile)
Height: 31 inches (75-90th percentile)
Head: 50-75th percentile
He is not 100% walking, but he is getting there. He took some steps for Dr. Sampson and she said he looked great! He is saying some words- MaMa, Dada, Dog, Ball and Addyson. Yes, Addyson! He has said "Addy" and "Addyson" (comes out a little distorted, but its so cute!).
He got 3 shots today and boy he was mad about it! Poor little guy! He was a little fussy tonight as well so he took a warm bath and cuddled with mommy. He fell asleep in my arms and I put him to night night. Perfect ending to the day!
6 comments:
Happy, Happy Birthday Ben! I can't believe he is one! What a happy little dude...love it!
Happy Birthday Ben! Man, they grow up way too fast!!!
Happy Birthday, Ben! Cute party pics!
I so wish we could have made it, but it looks like a good time. I am cracking up about his cake. It looks kind of Asian or something!! Happy Birthday Ben- you are so loved!!
Happy Birthday, Ben! Your cookies turned out great, Lisa!
Hahaha! That cake is hilarious! Looks like a cake we would have had back in the 80's or 90's. Too funny! Glad it tasted good though. Your kids are just beautiful and I love checking in on your blog!
Post a Comment