Sunday, February 13, 2011

Mission NOT Accomplished

Saturday night Ryan and I had the BRILLANT idea of running out to Northpark Mall. I know, I know. Nothing speedy about that little errand! I'll back up.....around 4:00 the kids were both up, it was a beautiful day outside and we were like, hmmmm, what should we do tonight? I mentioned that I had been wanting to go out to Northpark mall in Dallas to go to the Tiffany store. I have a gift card there and I've been wanting to get a bracelet. Sounds like a good idea, right?

We loaded the kids up, packed everything (bottle, food, stroller- you know, the works) into the car and off we went! About half way there we noticed the traffic was terrible. Hmm, Oh yeah, It's Saturday night of Valentines weekend! Hmm, maybe this trip to Northpark isn't a good idea. Well, we'll just grab some dinner real quick before we get to the mall so the kids are fed and stuff. Wow- another great idea!!

Long story short- we ran into Cheesecake Factory across from Northpark and 2 hours later were back at our car. They told us it was a 25 minute wait. It was a 55 minute wait. At one point Addyson was sitting on the floor crying because she wanted to sit down so bad. It was SOO packed and there was not a good place to "wait" for our table. We had Ben, who we were holding, a diaper bag with who knows what packed inside, a crying 4 year old and in the midst of all of this I remember taking my shoe off (while standing on one foot, holding Ben and my purse while crammed in between a million people) because the lady next to me just loved my shoes and wanted to see them a little closer. :)

We ate dinner with our 2 favorite Valentines..... :) who were actually VERY good at dinner. Addy just had her one little mishap...Ben was a happy camper the entire time!
Only pic I got of him- he looks so serious here but he was actually being so silly!
Me and my baby girl! She wanted to take this pic with her eyes closed! Silly! After dinner we loaded everyone back up and drove right past the mall. We didn't even go in because at that point it was 7:30....Tiffany's closed at 8:00 and with the way everything was so packed it would have taken us at least 30 minutes to park and find our way to the store. So after much reasoning, we decided to make a good decision and just drive home! Ha- so we drove an hour there - waited and ate dinner which took about 2 hours and then drove an hour home. Nice!
Hopefully I'll make it out there again soon.....probably without kiddos this time!

2 comments:

Marcy said...

This post made me cringe. I have an inexplicable hatred for the Cheesecake Factory, but on Valentine's Day a couple of years ago, we tried to go get some cheesecake to take home. It was the middle of the afternoon and it took 30 minutes just to get cheesecake to go! And there really isn't anywhere good to wait. I'm glad you guys survived and made it home in one piece! Ben is such a good little boy--I don't think mine would have made it!

ChelseaSalomone said...

Ooh! Let me know when you go (if it's a weekend)... I LOVE North Park. Actually, I might take off the 28th- two weeks from today. I could go that morning. Love how I'm just inviting myself and planning our trip, haha!