Saturday, January 30, 2010

Fun day!

Today Ryan and I woke up and we didn't have a thing on the agenda. Days like this are nice but it seems like we have had a few of them lately and so we were like, hmm, what can we go and do today? The weather is so cold so that eliminates 80% of the things we would normally go and do- play outside, go to the park, go to the zoo (not that I could have done this one anyways), etc. So Ryan looked up the dollar movies to see what was playing. "Real" movies are so expensive these days and when we are taking Addyson, unless it is something that she really wants to see, then I don't want to waste the money to go! I didn't even know there were dollar movies anymore, but apparently there are! So, we found a theater in North Richland Hills where they have $1.25 movies all day! It's movies that have been out for a little while, but not too long. The only kid movie showing was "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" and I thought Addyson might enjoy that one. We loaded up the car to make the 11:20 showing. We got there and paid a whopping $3.75 for the 3 of us to get in. Love that!!! I mean you can't do ANYTHING for $3.75 for really even one person, much less 3!

We were the only ones in the theater at first and it wasn't a completely ghetto theater either. It was a little old school, but not too bad. For those of you in the area, it is called Movies 8 and it's right next to Lone Star Baby in NRH. So, the movie starts and Addyson is all excited. This lasts for about 45 minutes until she is over the movie. I admit- I was pretty bored too! It wasn't a very exciting movie- its about a scientist kid who makes rain change into food. Cute, but it lacked princesses, an evil witch, etc. and so she lost interest. She asked if we could go eat lunch and so Ryan and I agreed that we could leave and have no bad feelings about wasting money!

Off to Chick-Fil-A to eat lunch and play on the playground. She loves this! We then came home and as I am writing she just woke up from about a 2 1/2 hour nap! Yea! We're going to MiMi and PaPa's for dinner tonight, so have to go and get ready!

1 comment:

ChelseaSalomone said...

That's crazy! Awesome deal! I just looked up that theater- it's not far from us. We will have to check it out sometime. I mean, it's like $9.50 for one movie ticket at night at the theater we normally go to. It's not a bad idea to just wait until it goes to the dollar theater if you're not dying to see something.