Sunday, January 3, 2010

Enthralling weekend!

The bed rest blues have officially set in! Thursday night Ryan, Addyson and I just stayed home. Ryan made dinner and we rented "Four Christmases" on PPV. It was cute! Addyson went to bed early and so did we- probably about 11 or so. This is the first time in a LONG time (maybe ever) that we haven't stayed up until midnight! We never really do tons on New Year's Eve, but usually something! So, pretty uneventful night!

Friday is the day I LOVE to go out shopping for good New Year's deals. Not this year! Ryan was in a wedding this weekend so the rehearsal dinner was Friday night and the wedding on Saturday. Friday he left the house at about 11:30 to go meet the groom for lunch and hang out and watch football. Then he went to the rehearsal dinner. I was supposed to attend all of these festivities, but of course, I didn't. Do you all feel sorry for me yet?? I was having a semi-pity party for myself! I went over to my parents house and my mom cooked a really yummy dinner of chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and lots of other yummy sides that I love (and of course, black eyed peas!). Addyson stayed the night and I came home at about 10 or so. I couldn't have just brought her back with me- but my mom said she would keep her and then bring her home in the morning- I didn't argue! Ryan got home at about 11:30 or so that night.

Saturday was just plain boring! I had Addyson home for a little while that morning and then Cheryl came and got her and took her back to her house because Ryan was at the wedding. He again left at about 11:30 (it was an afternoon wedding) and got home at about 11:30 that night. It seemed like everyone I knew was either at that wedding or out doing something fun! I had already bought this super cute maternity dress from Pickles and Ice Cream to wear to the wedding and now it just sits in my closet, unworn. It's black velvet (perfect for a winter wedding) and a size medium, so if anyone needs to borrow it- call me! I can't take it back because it's "formal wear" and there are no returns on that. Lovely! I just hung out at the house and did things I probably shouldn't be doing (laundry, going through some of Addyson's closet, etc). I was feeling fine, so I felt it was okay to be doing a few things!

All-in-all, I am getting bored just being home! Only 5 more weeks though and that's not bad! I get off bed rest and my pills on Friday, February 12th (36 weeks) and so if I go into labor anytime after that they won't stop me! Maybe we'll have a Valentine's baby??? :)

I did go in to the doctor last Monday for my gestational diabetes test and I passed. My doctor was convinced that I had it because he measured so big at 27 weeks (almost 3 lbs) and then when she measured my tummy at 29 weeks, I measured 31 cm (or 31 weeks). I passed my test just fine and so I guess Ryan and I just make big babies!

5 comments:

Brittany said...

I wish I had come and visit with you this weekend. We have just been working away over here. Let us know if you need any help with Miss Addy Tate this week in the evenings. Dust and I thought about having everyone over on Thursday evening for the National Championship game. I can't wait to see baby boys room. Call me this week.

ChelseaSalomone said...

I'm so sorry that I couldn't come over on Saturday. I know what you mean about feeling blah while everyone else is out doing fun stuff. Maybe next weekend Nick and I can come over for dinner and games! Hang in there!!!

Paige said...

I bet you are so bored! I get bored just being at home with the girls. Once you have two it's much more difficult to go anywhere so you kind of feel like you are on house arrest. I can't imagine being confined to a bed. Maybe you should start working on a blog book at blurb.com, that takes up a lot of time and may be a good little project.

Whitney O'Neal said...

You are doing so well. Keep up the good work. I don't know about you but I just loved it when the doctor told me I was measuring big/my babies were big. It gave me pride. Hang in there. I know you know it will be well worth the wait.

Kelsey said...

I'm measuring big too! Paige was 8lbs 12 oz so I'm sure this little boy is going to be a whopper too. I had a weird feeling that I was going to have gestational diabetes but I don't. How big was Addison when she was born? Hang in there...5 more weeks to go!