Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Addyson's first dentist appt!

Addyson had her first dentist appointment today and as you can see from the pics below, it went very well! She was really excited to go- I've been talking it up for about a week now. I told her she was going to get her teeth tickled by Joe Joe. Our dentist's name is Joe! Yes, we're on a first name basis. I've known them for about 10 years now- I used to work there in high school and some in college over breaks and such. I just love Joe and Judy (his wife)- they are really great people and we've stayed in touch for a long time now!
Before the cleaning started- she's showing me how she's going to open really wide!


Sheri doing the cleaning. She would show Addyson all of the tools she was about to use and put them on Addyson's finger so she could see what it felt like before she put it in her mouth. She also got X-rays too- she did really great!
Cleaning away! They said her teeth looked really good and she has good spacing- which is good for when her permanent teeth come in!
She got 2 Princess toothbrushes! Yea! And about 10 stickers too!!

Dr. Joe checking her teeth...
Addyson and Judy- Judy showed her how to make lots of balloons with gloves and some other balloons they had around. Addyson thought this was pretty fun!
It was a great first dentist visit and she had fun!

5 comments:

Justin and Allison said...

She does look so excited. I hate the dentist, glad she likes it! I'm sure her happiness makes the trip much easier for you.

The Lewis Family said...

I swear I'm not creepy creepster, but we do have several mutual friends, so I read your blog off and on and the dentist one caught my eye. My newly turned 3 year old needs to go for his first appointment and I was basically just wondering who you went to and where they're located. I'm looking for a good pediatric dentist to take him to in the next few weeks..... I'm dreading it so much!

lisaburgess27 said...

It looks like she had fun! What a good girl :)

ChelseaSalomone said...

I love Joe and Judy... these pictures are hilarious. What's with the 80s sunglasses are they supposed to protect her from the xray? I think she looks a lot like Ryan in the first two pictures!

Unknown said...

Addyson looks like she did great at the dentist! That is awesome.
Congrats on 34 1/2 weeks! I am coming up on my 37th week marker... can't wait to have this baby. The last few weeks are always the hardest.