Last night and this morning Addyson and I made a bunny cake. I have been making these every year for a long time. They are yummy! So, this isn't a great pic of the cake because you can't see the side view. Here is how I make it for anyone wondering: Make any flavor cake mix in 2 9-inch round cake pans. I made a strawberry cake mix this time. When they are done baking, put pans in freezer for a while until cake is completely cooled off and a bit frozen (not all the way). Each round pan makes one bunny. Remove cake from pan. Cut in half so it makes 2 semi-circles. Put icing in between the semi-circles and stand them upright- flat cut side on the plate. Then cut about 3-4 inches off of one end. This flat side now makes the "face" of the bunny. Put the cut piece at the other end of the semi-circle for the "tail". Again, this would probably make more sense if I had pics to show you what I am rambling on about here! Ice the entire cake and you can cover with coconut if you like. I usually do this, but I didn't know if Addyson would eat it with coconut on it, so I left it off. I used jelly beans for the eyes and nose and I used construction paper for the whiskers and ears. Pipe cleaners also look cute for whiskers. It also looks cute to dye coconut green and put all around the bunny- it looks like grass and then put more jelly beans in the grass. Eat and enjoy!!
3 comments:
Nice! I will probably use jelly beans for my bunny face too.
Look at you Miss Martha Stewart!!! It's precious and such a great tradition. :)
That's so cute!! My grandma and I did one of those every year for forever. We haven't the last couple of years. That's such a fun tradition.
Post a Comment