Thursday, April 9, 2009

Jesus is going to Helen's

Funny story.... So, yesterday Addyson and I were going to make an Easter bunny cake. I was telling her all about it and she got really excited. She yelled "Happy Birthday Jesus!". I said- well, Christmas is Jesus's birthday and Easter is when Jesus went to heaven (well, that's the 2 year old version of Easter at least!). She just sat there and then was like "okay."

I had to go and change clothes (into scrubby clothes to bake!) and so I went in, changed clothes and headed back to the kitchen. Addyson was still in the living room and when I walked out she said "Yea! Jesus's birthday!!" and then she looked at me and said- "Easter is when Jesus goes to Helen's!" (with a very serious look on her face)

It was so cute because Helen is my mom's best friend and Addyson knows her and loves to go to Helen's house. I guess she didn't understand when I said "heaven" but instead interpreted that at "Helen's!". Then she asked if Mr. Mike would be there too (which is Helen's husband). I just laughed and said yes! It was a cute little 2 year old moment! I'll post pics of the bunny cake later- it turned out cute!

4 comments:

Paige said...

I want to see your bunny cake! I got a bunny cake pan yesterday to make one and I want to see how you did the face.

ChelseaSalomone said...

Oh my gosh- that is the CUTEST thing. LOL!! I absolutely love that story.

ChelseaSalomone said...

I'm still laughing at this by the way.

The Clarks said...

That is so funny!!!