In the midst of a few friends giving up all "media" for a week or so and bringing it to the front of my mind, I've been thinking lots about technology and the world we live in. I may have lost some of you right there!! Don't worry- this blog has a funny story attached to it so I won't be getting on a soap box too much!
It's just Crazy how much of a technology world we live in today. Our kids are growing up with so many luxurious things....Tevo, cell phones everywhere, internet at the touch of a screen, Suri to ask directions and look up close restaurants......just to name a few. I mean, seriously!!!! They have no clue what the world is like without these things and I guess the jury is still out on what they will all be like when they grow up. No communication skills, probably terrible vision from looking at computer screens their ENTIRE life and more that we can't even fathom!! Ugh! It's scary!
But then I am sure our parents were saying the same things about us when we were growing up. I can't seem to think what they would be thinking of that we had but I am sure it was something!!
So, on to my funny story....yesterday I was giving Ben a stern "talking to" because he was acting nothing less of a crazy child. I sat on the stairs and he was standing in front of me. I was holding his hands and making him look me in the eye as I was lecturing him on "when mommy says do not run away from me, I mean it. When mommy says come here....." and he stopped me mid-sentence and said,
"Plause that mom (he means Pause!)....he came and sat beside me on the stairs (instead of standing) and then re-grabbed my hands and said, "Okay, un-plause" prompting me to continue my lecture.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? My 3 year old just paused me mid-sentence and then un-paused me. Seriously??!!?
This technology thing is getting out of control! And I don't think there is anything we can do about it!
2 comments:
This is hilarious!!! I am cracking up. Oh Ben-- the world would be so boring without you!
He is a riot!!
Post a Comment