Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Dwinell B&B

The last 3 weeks at Casa de Dwinell has been more like Dwinell Family Bed and Breakfast!  We have had company in town for the last 3 weekends in a row and it has been GREAT FUN!  We seriously love visitors!!  It is a lot of work washing the sheets, cleaning bathrooms and such and I do feel like I have been to the grocery store no less than 20 times in the last 3 weeks, but it is all great and we wouldn't have it any other way!  We love that our friends and family come up to KC to visit us!

 The first weekend was Ryan's parents, hereafter referred to as Nana and Pops.  They came in on a Thursday night and stayed until Monday night.  This was great because we had more time to spend with them and I didn't feel like we were running around crazy trying to fit every last thing in.  They got in  late Thursday night (around 10 or so), so I did not tell the kids they were coming that night.  I knew if I told them, they would not be able to go to sleep.  It was a fun surprise to have them wake up to Nana being there!  I knew it would be hard for Addyson to have to go to school Friday when her Nana was just in town so I had a few surprises planned.  First stop, lunch with Addy at school!

 Addyson loved that we came up there but was very sad when we left without taking her home with us.  :(  That's just the way it goes when you are in school!  We had another surprise planned for later in the day, so I couldn't let her come home just yet!  After we ate with Addy, we took Nana and Pops to one of our fav lunch spots, Spin.  Super yummy pizza and salads! 
 At 2:00 that day I had signed up to be the mystery treasure reader for Addyson's class.  It is called the mystery treasure reader because the kids do not know who is coming and we are supposed to bring a little treasure for each child so that they can remember the book better.  We read the book "DW the Picky Eater" (an Arthur book) and gave away little paper umbrellas as they refer to those in the story as a turning point for DW.  It was cute and Addyson was very excited and surprised to have us show up!  We did take her home after this as there was only an hour of school left and her teacher said it was no big deal at all.  Addy was happy about this! 
 Of course Nana always brings in fun surprises for the kids and this time she brought Ben 3 super hero dress up outfits.  They are ADORABLE and cute.  Ryan's grandma actually made these 30 years ago for Ryan and Dustin and Cheryl washed them up and sewed up any holes and made them perfect again.  The level of detail is amazing.  Ryan's grandma was a very talented seamstress and we are lucky to have these!  These are not the best pics because as soon as Ben puts these on, he is on the move.  He is jumping, running and being all things that super-heros do, so getting a good pic is next to impossible!

Love this pic! 
 In between visits, I finally got my new rug delivered!  Love it!! 
 The next weekend we had Ryan's friend Rusty in town.  We had the A&M Alabama game on Saturday and we had tickets to the Cowboys/Chiefs game on Sunday.  It was supposed to be a fun-filled football weekend!!  If only our darn teams would have won!!! 

On Saturday the temps were absolutely beautiful!  77 and sunny!  We set up a TV out on the deck and watched A&M/Alabama game out there.  It was perfect! It was a super good game and I am very proud of the way A&M played, even though we did not pull out a win.  Fun times!

Me and my girl out on the deck!
 Sunday we were up bright and early for the Cowboys game.   Some of our neighbors have season tickets and they invited us to their tailgate.  We were all pumped up and ready for a big win, but that wasn't the case.  BIG disappointment to lose to the Chiefs!!  Oh well- we had a good time

 Rusty left on Monday morning and we had 4 days until our next company arrived.  MiMi and PaPa were next on the agenda!  We had de ja vu and went and ate lunch with Addy and then went to Spin pizza afterwards.  I did pick up Addy early that day too as they had an assembly at the end of the day and so her teacher said it was no big deal to grab her early.  My parents were only in for a day and a half (they left this morning) and so I wanted Addy to have a little more time with them. 
 Both of my parents birthdays were last week and so we celebrated with some BBQ and cupcakes at this ridiculously good place down the street.  I think it is a chain and its called GiGi's cupcakes.  So yummy and I am sure soooooooooo bad for you!  I don't ever want to know how much sugar is in those things!  We went and got a variety of flavors- my fav was the Butterfinger one.  It was yellow cake with Butterfinger mixed in the cake and then Butterfinger Buttercream icing and the whole things is then rolled in crushed Butterfingers.  Seriously???  Wow!  Addy got the coca-cola cupcake- basically chocolate w/choc icing, Ben got strawberry shortcake, we got a Banana cream pie cupcake and also Italian cream cupcake.  They each weigh about 4 pounds (okay maybe not, but it feels like that when you pick them up!) Wow.  So good!


Happy Birthday silly faces


Friday night we went to the Rangers/Royals game.  I think we are done going to sporting events for a while up here!  All of our teams keep losing!!!!  We had fun and it was a beautiful night with temps in the lower 60's.  Perfect baseball weather! 


Ben was being quite stubborn.  He would NOT smile so I bribed him with cotton candy....this is what I got! 

Now it is Sunday and I am worn out!  I took my parents to the airport this morning and we plan on chilling all day and not doing a whole lot!  Fall has finally arrived and the temps for the next 10 days are in the 70's.  Love this time of year! 

No comments: