Preschool Day 2......Ben had to be peeled (literally peeled!) off of my leg by the teacher while he was screaming, "Mommy don't leave meeeeeeeeeeee!! Stay with me mommyyyyyyyyyyy" Insert major guilt!!! Ugh! Right after I was so proud of his independence and "being so well adjusted"!! HaHa!
Going into preschool I could see day 1 going either way. He is pretty attached to mommy these days and he has been ever since I started staying home with him. He likes to go pretty much EVERYWHERE I go and so I could see him being a little clingy at preschool at first. On the other hand though, I could see him being his complete outgoing, funny, silly self and running in without looking back.
It was a coin toss. Day one went good, day two went bad!
Going in this morning I had a feeling it might turn this way. He was asking lots of questions about where I was going to be and what I was going to be doing. I answered honestly- I am going to run a few errands and then I am going home to clean the house. Not fun! I told him how much fun he was going to have at preschool today and that I would be right back to get him before he knew it!
The questions then turned into, "Mommy just come help me unpack my bag inside my classroom". I had a feeling that was going to be a mistake, but hey, its day 2 so I thought he might need a little "easing" into things. In I went and it went downhill from there.
He kept saying he wanted me to staaaaaaay with him and then he proceeded to attach to my leg. I limped around for a little while and tried to get him engaged in something but it wasn't quite working. The teachers were trying to get him to come to them and do a Mary had a little Lamb project but he wasn't buying it. Not one single bite that smart little boy of mine!
He knew I was leaving and he knew I would be gone for 4 1/2 hours! You see, when they get to be 3 or older they start to understand these things more. The first day he had no idea. Ignorance was bliss! Day 2.....he had it figured out.
I am really hoping that I can just start dropping him off and leaving him at the door......we'll see how next week goes!
I only got to talk to his teacher for a minute after school but she said he did great and that it only lasted a few minutes. That visual of him screaming and crying and kicking to get away from the teacher though....man, that's rough! My poor baby!
So, I will eat my words that I wrote on Tuesday night! Isn't that how it always goes!?!
1 comment:
Oh man!!!! Now I'm really worried for next week!!
Post a Comment