Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Ben's First Day of Preschool

My sweet little Ben started Preschool today!  On one hand it is pure greatness and on the other, sigh, my babies are all getting big!  Overall, it is a really good thing!  I am so proud of my kiddos and how well adjusted they are and that, ultimately, is what a parent wants.  (Or at least we do!)  It feels good to see your child succeed at being independent! 

So, as you saw in my last post, we were at the lake all weekend.  Got home at about 4:00 on Monday afternoon and we were all pooped!  I started some laundry, made dinner and Ryan got the kids showered and off to bed.  I got out Ben's school stuff to look it over and found this little guy with some instructions paper clipped to him.......

 Yes, Ben was supposed to make this for the first day of school and low and behold it was 10:00 before I remembered to look at it!  Ugh!!  What is a mom to do?  Should I get out some crayons and scribble like a 3 year old?  Is that just a terrible thing to do?  Ha!  Yes, it is!!  :)  I know that we would not be in "trouble" or anything if I did not get this done but I did NOT want Ben to feel bad or left out if he didn't have his person to show.  The instructions said to "let your child decorate his person with pictures, yarn, fabric, pictures of themselves, etc."  Well, just to clarify, Ben has not mastered the art of looking up clip art on the computer and printing it off yet.  I know, I know.  But that is why I am sending him to preschool!!  Ha!  So, obviously, this required some parent participation. 

I did not get a pic of the finished product (trust me, we were running out the door this morning) but we got it done at breakfast!  I had Ryan go down to his office and print off some pics of Ben's fav things (he printed a deer, a tractor, a weed-eater, a zero-turn mower and some tools) Ha!  Ben colored the person and we glued on some pics and wa-la!  We checked that project off the list!  Ben will never know the difference until he reads this one day! 

During all of this I managed to make some eggs, bacon, oatmeal, and greek yogurt for everyone's different breakfast orders.  :)  I wanted to make sure everyone got some yummy breakfast before school!  Here is Addy taking a pic with Ben before she left for school.

 Ben venturing out into the world of school! 



He was doing a silly smile all morning! 

Love his little backpack! 

Giving mommy a kiss before getting in the car!  My heart is so full from this boy!!  I love him so much!

Me and my boy!  

Ben and Daddy!

Only pic I got of him in his class.  He was kind of nervous and I didn't want to force the pics on him!  He didn't cry though (nor did I)

This was taken after school.  He was just so happy and had completely adjusted to everything.  He was ALL smiles and snuggled right in for a picture with his teachers! 

I think he had a great first day!  He was sitting in the circle singing the goodbye song when I got there and he ran up and gave me a big hug.  Best hug ever!  His teachers told me that he did great and that they could tell he really liked to sing.  Ahhh, this just made me smile!  He does love to sing!  They also commented how they could tell he was a "very bright child" and they asked me if I was a teacher.  What a compliment!  I thought that was so sweet of them to say and it just made me so proud that they could tell that on the first day of school.  The teacher told me that he did fall into the potty (a little boy had left the seat up!) and that he needed an ice pack at one point too (wasn't a big deal though...just a little head bonk!).  Ha!  Sounds like a perfect day for a 3 year old boy!! 

Of course I had a million questions for him on the way home.  He said he had a super fun day and that his favorite part was "eating".  Ha!  Sounds about right!  He met lots of new friends but the 2 he kept talking about were Peter and Audrey.  So cute!  He told me they read a story about a girl and a lamb (and sure enough they had read Mary had a little lamb).  I am just so happy today went well and he had a fun time.  Love my boy! 

And one little note about Addyson......today at school they started a few new things.  Reading groups and their first spelling words.  I was looking through her folder when she got home and the teacher had written that they took the spelling word pre-test today and Addyson had gotten them all correct on the pre-test so she is giving her another set of words to spell.  This made me smile as well and I am so glad she is doing great at school.  It is still going really well and she seems to be liking it.  Yay!! 

My little girl sporting her glasses that we got LAST year but she did not wear them one time.  I guess she likes them now! 

No comments: