Quick funny story from this morning...no pics, but you'll see why in a minute!
I was loading the kiddos up in the car this morning and all of their stuff. It usually takes me a couple of trips to get both kids, bags, my stuff, purse, etc all into the car. I went into the garage and Addyson went out there and I hit the "up" button for the garage door to open. I went back inside to grab a few more things. I came back out probably 20 seconds later and I saw Addyson hanging from the garage door, holding on for dear life!! I wish I could have had a picture of my face when I saw that! I yelled, "Addyson" as I was running over to her. She then started to scream (had been completely silent before that with big, wide eyes) and I ran over to her. She then let go and I caught her. She was all the way up at the top of the garage, facing out into the drive way. She was crying, I was just holding her and then I started to laugh (once I realized she was completely fine!)- I was like What in the World were you doing?!??
She said she was looking for bugs and then took a little ride up (that was how she described it!). Ha! When I first looked out there I didn't know if her fingers were stuck or what in the world she was doing. It was pretty funny to walk out there and see her hanging from her hands, feet dangling in the air from basically the roof line!
This could have ended in 10 ways that would not be good- if she had let go it could have been a nasty fall, she could have gotten her fingers crushed in between the cracks (ouch- makes me cringe to think about it), a million other scenarios..... thank goodness she was okay and that I came out when I did to be able to catch her!
6 comments:
So glad she was okay! It's so ironic because just this morning BOTH my boys grabbed onto the garage door as we were leaving, but luckily I was out there and made them let go. But I kept thinking how crazy it would have been had they not let go... Now I know what could have happened!
LOL!!!!! This sounds like something you would see in a movie. SO far fetched. This is crazy!! I was just cracking up picturing you walking out there and seeing that. OMG!! Someone was watching out for her ;)
I just reread this to Nick and we are laughing so hard. I cannot get over this!
That is hilarious!!!!
Ha! Thank goodness it turned out the way it did...what a little Curious Georgina :)
I am reading blogs late, but my mom loves to read blogs and stumbled across yours from mine and told me this story. I seriously could not stop laughing. I know it had to be terrifying, but it sounds so funny at the same time. Glad she is ok!
Post a Comment