Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Fall time means Flu time...

Sorry I haven't posted the sono results yet..... You'll just have to keep waiting! It's been a crazy day or so around our house and I haven't had time to scan the pics yet.

So, I love fall time! It's my favorite season for a number of reasons. We always have something fun going on- someone's birthday (EVERYONE I know minus a few have fall b-days including me!), football, cooler weather, being outstide, all of the holidays, etc. But fall time is also when everyone gets sick. Last week I had the crud- just a cough, stuffy head, turned into pink eye, blah blah blah. Well, then Addyson started coughing last week and had a sore throat. She never ran a fever, so I figured it was just a little cold. Last night she started wheezing a little which is always a little scary. I gave her her inhaler and that seemed to help but all day today my mommy instinct said I should call good ol' Dr. Sampson. I called and they were all booked but she said she would see my sweet Addyson at the end of her day at 5:30. I told Ryan (who is sick today also- I'll get to that in a minute!) and he said it was just her asthma and I didn't understand how asthma worked. Okay- well, he was wrong! I took her in and her chest sounded really bad despite the fact that she is in a super good mood and doesn't act sick at all. When stuff gets into your chest it can cause pneumonia, etc. So, good thing I took her in! Now she's on 3 meds- including a steriod, an antibiotic (to hopefully prevent pneumonia) and a breathing treatment medication administered through her nebulizer. Fun times. She hates to take medicine and i get to do 3 of them 2 times a day! Yea for me!! She actually did pretty good with it tonight, so that was good! Maybe she's getting better as she gets older.

So, now on to Mr. Ryan. He didn't sleep well all night and was sneezing, runny nose, just general not feeling good. I thought he probably had what I had last week and went on about my day. Well, I called him mid-day and he was not sounding good. He was on his way home to rest and get some meds. I had him check his temp and it was 99.5. So, he rested and when I got home I felt his forehead he felt really hot. I took his temp and it was now 101.5. Great. I got out the Lysol. He checked his temp 30 minutes later and it was 102.1- Even better. He probably has the flu! AHHHH! He has a dr. appt. tomorrow morning at 10 so we'll see what the diagnosis is for him.

Long story short- when kids are on steroids it suppresses their immune system. So, that means that Addyson for sure should not be around Ryan and I really shouldn't be either seeing that I am pregnant and all. So, Addy and I are at my parents house and poor Ryan is at home by himself taking care of his sick little self. I just can't have Addyson or I get this too and then we'd all be out! Hopefully we all get better soon!!!

5 comments:

Katy & Danny said...

You poor thing! May used to do neb treatments and we had to sing "wheels on the bus" soshe would sit still ;). Hang in there, this to shall pass.

Anonymous said...

Y'all are in my prayers! The suspense!!!!

Marcy said...

I'm sorry everyone is sick! But I am laughing out loud at you getting out your Lysol. Some things never change! :)

ChelseaSalomone said...

Oh no!! Poor Ryan- the Lysol cracked me up and so did his comment about you not understand asthma!!! I hope he doesn't have Swine Flu. Well you guys rest and stay away from your sick hubby. Hopefully you'll all be feeling better soon. Did you get a flu shot?

Justin and Allison said...

Sorry you are all sick. Get well soon.