Sunday, September 13, 2009

4D sono tomorrow!

Tomorrow I am going in for an in-depth sono including 3D and 4D. Not sure what the difference between 3D and 4D is, but I guess I'll find out! The reason I am doing this is because I am actually going to be a pregnancy "model" for a video that the Arlington Pregnancy Center is doing. My friend Nicole's aunt is a sonographer at the Arlington Pregnancy Center and they are coming up on their 25th Anniversary of being open. They are doing a big fundraiser and they are making a video of all of the services that they offer, etc. She called Nicole to see if she had any pregnant friends between 11 and 17 weeks pregnant, so Nicole called me as I'm 14 weeks! I have to go in and they will video me getting a sono, showing 2D, 3D and 4D and then when they are done filming she said she will spend some extra time with me and do an in-depth sono. I am so excited! I didn't do the 4D one with Addyson, but everyone who has done it says it is pretty neat. They will be showing this video at their fundraiser dinner and yes, my face will be in the video. I am not sure if anyone will think I am a patient or not, but I am going to ask if she can put a little disclaimer that I am not an actual patient, but just a "model" or "actress"- I really don't fit the bill for either of those descriptions, but you all know what I mean! They also take the video around to local churches to get donations, etc.

Ryan is going to be able to go with me because there is a chance that we might be able to see between those little legs! She said that she has definitely been able to tell at 14 weeks before but it all depends on if the baby is cooperating, etc. I think if it's a boy, we'll be able to tell, but if we don't see any boy parts, I think she'll be hesitant to say it's for sure a girl at this point. So, we'll see! Either way, I'm not sure if she'll say 100% at this point or not. Ryan has a pretty strong feeling its a boy, and I honestly don't have a feeling one way or the other.

I'll update tomorrow with hopefully some good pics!

5 comments:

Jenny Jones said...

I am sure everything will go great with the filming. You will look like a beautiful professional actress!

ChelseaSalomone said...

Oh cool!! I hope you find out. You'll have to call me or text me if you do. I'm dying to know! At first I was pretty sure it was a girl, but now I think it will be a boy too.

Brittany said...

So, what if you are on camera and she is doing the sono, and you can tell it is a boy because you see the little wee wee? I will have to laugh if that happens. I just thought of that dilemma. That would be funny, but cool to have it all on film right? Call me when it is over, or have someone call me.

Kiley, Brooke & Whitney said...

I will be waiting for a call from y'all as soon as you get done. I'm going crazy down here not knowing anything...
Let me know how everything goes/if you find out whether it's my nephew or niece in there.

Garla said...

I KNEW IT! A boy!! Congrats. Can't wait to meet the little bugger!