Monday, June 8, 2009

Swim Lessons!

I'll give a quick recap of our weekend: Friday night we went to Fuzzy Taco with some friends from church. It was yummy!! Ryan and I have been participating in "The Biggest Loser" at church and have been working out 5 days a week at boot camp. It's hard work!! We went out to eat Friday night as our cheat night! Boot camp is for 3 weeks and there are 4 teams (about 160 people total participating). It's been fun!

Saturday Ryan took Addyson fishing down at our neighborhood pond. They caught about 20 small fish-so they had fun! I mowed the back yard while they did that! Saturday night I went to Tara Moore's wedding and Ryan went to a crawfish boil. Addyson stayed at Nana's house. I didn't have my camera at the wedding, but I did get a pic of me and Tara on my mom's camera. I'll see if I can get that from her. It was a really nice wedding and I am very happy for Tara. Her and her hubby, Kyle Miller, are very cute together and I'm super jealous that they are on their honeymoon right now!! Kyle is a firefighter and Tara is in nursing school- they will live in Garland.

Sunday Ryan and I went to breakfast and then picked up Addy Tate from Nana's house. We bought some flowers and planted those and then just hung out the rest of the day. Here we are starting another week!

Addyson started swim lessons today. All of the other kids in the class are at least 4 and my "little" Addyson is 2 1/2! When I say "little" I don't really mean it because she is at least the same size if not bigger than all the 4 year olds in the class. Not sure how she is such a giant! She also thinks that she is an Olympic swimmer because she kept wanting to just jump in the water and swim by herself. She has NO fear. She was yelling at the top of her lungs- "I want to swim by myself" and "I don't need swim lessons" all during the class and 3 times she went into the pool without the teacher because she thinks she is big and can do it all by herself. Ahhh! I had to go and tell her 20 times to not get in the pool until it was her turn (the kids sit on the side of the pool until it's their turn). When it was her turn, she was loving it! She was begging the teacher to let her go under water and finally they let her. It wasn't in the "plan" for today but I think they just wanted her to stop asking!! :) She was all smiles when she came up!

First one in the pool!!

One of her little escapes into the pool...

Wee!

2 comments:

ChelseaSalomone said...

I've heard that Fuzzy Taco is good! How much have you guys lost?? That's great you're doing that. Fern is a brave little critter!! I love that she kept yelling, "I don't need swim lessons."

Katy & Danny said...

That is so funny about the swim lessons! May started them today and didn't want to go near the water :) Kids are so funny.