Last night I hosted our neighborhood bunco group. There are about 12 ladies in the neighborhood who get together once a month to play bunco. Whoever's house it is at is responsible for providing snacks and drinks and getting prizes for the 4 winners. Everyone brings $5 to go towards the next month's prizes. It's always a fun night! Well, until last night when the torrential storms came through. I had spent all day cleaning house, getting ready, about 5 trips to the grocery store, etc. So, needless to say, I had invested some time in my bunco responsibilities.
At about 6:00 Jennifer came over to help me get everything ready and she said- "There are some really dark clouds out there- I think we are about to get some really bad storms!" I said- "Really? I haven't had 2 seconds all day to watch TV and I haven't been paying any attention to outside. I am sure it will be fine!" So, we were frantically getting everything ready for the party - I still had tons to do. Jennifer made some delicious cheesy jalapeno squares (ha ha- this is actually a joke because due to power failure they didn't exactly turn out as planned and we ended up throwing them away)! I made a fruit pizza, poppy seed sandwiches, homemade guac and hot sauce (okay, Ryan made those!) and a homemade cheese ball (okay, Ryan made that as well). So, then comes the rain and power outage (just flickered on and off 5 times or so). I started getting worried that I was going to have ALL of this food and no one was going to come!! Luckily, the storm passed through and 9 people ended up coming (which is all I was expecting).
However, due to the power issues, my top oven is now doing really weird things. I will not be a happy camper if we have to replace the 2 year old SS double oven!
Anyways, everything turned out good and I got 4 buncos- which for those of you who don't know anything about bunco, that is a lot! I definitely couldn't have pulled it off without sweet Jennifer's help! Thanks- I owe ya one!!
3 comments:
Lisa,
You definitely deserve the "Hostess with the Mostess" award. Everything was wonderful! I would have never thought that you had a little drama before we got there. :) Great food, Great time and beautiful home. Thanks for hosting! -- Mindi
That sounds like a lot of fun. You (slash Ryan) made a lot of food- sounds yummy!!
How fun! I used to be in a Bunco group, and really miss it. The game is fun, but just gabbing with the girls is even more fun!
Post a Comment