Sunday, November 16, 2008

Vegas Baby!!

This last week Ryan and I were in Vegas for Ryan's President's Club trip. Kyle and Brandie were also there because Kyle and Ryan work for the same company. So, its always fun to go with them on these trips! Ryan and Kyle left on Sunday and Brandie and I met them out there on Tuesday. We stayed at the Wynn which is super nice! The rooms were great and everything was definitely first class! Tuesday night we had reservations at the SW Steakhouse at the Wynn. It is supposed to be one of the top restaurants in Vegas. It was pretty good, but I have had better steaks (Del Frisco's is definitely better). It was a nice atmosphere, but for the money, I've had better. Here are a few pictures from Tuesday night:
Brandie and I having a Lemon drop martini before dinner.
Me and Ryan
Wednesday morning we had an awards brunch which was yummy and then we had the rest of the day to hang out and go see some different casinos and such. We won and lost some money, mainly losing money. Wednesday night we had tickets to "O" at the Bellagio. It was very entertaining and it was fun to see! After the show, we went to the Bellagio buffet which was pretty good. I wasn't overly hungry, but it was good. Thursday Ryan and I had spa appointments. We both had massages and it was wonderful!! Thursday night we had the RH Grant Awards dinner which is the highest award given in the company. They do a really nice dinner and they also recognize all of the top sales achievers for the year. Ryan and I got to walk out on stage and be announced and Ryan got a ring. He finished up as the number 2 sales rep in the company nation wide this last year and so it was quite an accomplishment. I am very proud of him!! Here's a picture of his ring below.
Group picture of Ryan, Lisa, Brandie and Kyle


Friday I had another spa appointment, a facial this time. Very nice as well. I hung out in the spa for a while in the steam room and such and had a very relaxing morning. Then Ryan and I hit the poker room to try and win some of our money back. Didn't really work out as planned. Friday night we had the President's Club dinner at the Bali Hai Golf Resort. Picture below...



Friday night after dinner we decided to try one last effort at winning some money back. It worked! We were playing Ultimate Texas Hold Em. I put in $100 and cashed out $305 30 minutes later. I gave Ryan $100 to try to win some also. He sat down and did pretty well, and then his boss sat down also. He was losing money here and there and Ryan gave him some money to cover a few bets. Well, on one of the last hands, Ryan's boss hit a straight flush and won $900! He gave half to Ryan because it was with Ryan's money that he won it!! Yea! It was fun. Ryan won a little more and we came out completely even for the whole trip (Gambling money that is!)
We were super excited to see Addyson on Saturday when we got back. She was excited and happy to see us as well. She stayed with my parents 2 nights and Ryan's parents 2 nights. She had a great time and we really appreciate them keeping her for us!

3 comments:

Paige said...

That sounds like a great trip- good food and the spa are my favorites! I have seen O twice and I love that show, we still haven't left Blake overnight yet, but I'm hoping to go on a vacation before this next baby is born.

lisaburgess27 said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I'm super jealous of your exciting getaway :) Tell Ryan I said congrats!!!

ChelseaSalomone said...

What a fun trip! It sounds perfect!! I think I want to go to Vegas for our anniversary next summer.. I LOVE your dresses- where did you find them? I have had such a hard time finding cute dresses lately.