Friday, November 21, 2008

2 year old checkup!

Well today we had Addyson's 2 year old check-up. I just love these appointments! I like seeing how much she has grown and all of that good stuff. This one was going to be interesting though because her last one was 6 months ago (they go at 18 months and then again at 2), so I was curious to see if she had leveled out in growing and stuff. Before this appointment, she has always been in the 120th percentile for height and 100% for weight. Today was no different! She weighed 31 lbs and was 37 inches tall. Dr. Sampson said that at this rate, she'll be 5 feet 9 inches and 170 lbs! YIKES!! I don't think she be that big, but there is no idication of her slowing down either. :)

She has always been ahead intelectually as well. I know- I am going to sound like a proud mamma, but I am! She says her ABC's, counts to 10, knows all of her shapes, she can sing 10 different songs and she knows most of her colors. Dr. Sampson was amazed! She said she had a very high IQ and that she is very bright. She talks in sentences sometimes (not all the time) but she has always been a very good talker. She said the questions of "Does she know her ABC's and her shapes" are questions that she would ask at the 5 year old checkup!

All in all, she looked great and we don't go back for another "well-check" until 3 years old!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

she is so cute and i cant believe she is already 2 years old!

Paige said...

Go genius baby! I hope Blake is that smart!