Thursday, April 25, 2013

Funny Ben moments

Ben has been doing several things lately that just plain make me laugh.  He is one funny guy!

So, of course, we have been potty training.  I would say by far, for us, boys have been harder.  He's just more inconsistent that Addyson was.  When Addyson was potty trained (2 years 8 months), she never had ONE accident.  She wore a pull up at night for probably 6 months, but during the day she never had accidents.  Not so much with Ben!  It's okay though.  I think we are mostly over the hump and he has not gone potty in his pants in about a week.  He's discovered that he can potty outside......which is good and bad.  Good because he doesn't just go in his pants when he doesn't want to come inside.  Bad because well, he's busting out the pee-pee and having fun peeing all over the yard.  Hmmmmm......moms of boys.....do you let your boys pee outside?  I can't decide if this is complete white trash or if it's okay in certain situations (like in our backyard only!!). 

Anyways, on to my funny story!  So when I take Ben into a bathroom when we are out anywhere (which he loves to frequent public restrooms- eww!) of course I go into the stall with him.  He give me very strict, military-like orders to stand in the corner and glue my feet together.  Ha!  It's pretty funny.  It started when we were in Mexico and he went potty in the bathroom.  He yelled, "Mom- in the corner" .......  "Feet together"  And of course I comply because when you are potty training you are just glad your child is going in the potty and you'll do anything really to get them to go.  It's now transpired into every time we are in the bathroom he give me my orders to face the wall and now it's moved from "Feet together" to "glue your feet together".  He doesn't apparently like to be watched while going to the bathroom!

Another thing Ben has been doing is busting out in full dance moves any time he hears a good song come on.  The boy LOVES to dance!  It's so cute too!  He has got some good moves!!  He is super in to music and instruments right now and he is mesmerized any time he sees a band playing or people singing.  When we were at Six Flags back over Spring Break he did not want to ride rides after he saw this live band playing.  He could have sat there all day watching the band!  He also makes his own band at home all the time.  He has a guitar and drum sticks and he sets up chairs and everything to do his concerts.  Oh yes, and he sings as well.  He won't do any of this on demand though.  You have to catch him in the act if you want to see any singing or dancing!

Tonight as I was putting him to bed he told me, "Mommy you are my best friend and I love you the most".  I mean, really, what else does a mom ever need to hear?  Love this boy!  Here's a few pics of my little man:

 The other day he got into the car and put this hat on that was on the floor.  It was chilly, but not that cold! 

Being silly!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Cracking up about his bathroom orders! I let zach pee anywhere really but it will get you in trouble sometimes - once he peed on someone's car and they caught him in the act! And his first day of preschool he peed on the playground. Lol! He know knows where it's appropriate and where it's not :)

Unknown said...

What a character!! glad you are capturing all that cute-ness. Honestly, when it comes to peeing, we do it outside just about anywhere (within reason and discreetly). Even in parking lots (we try to find a grassy spot), but we open up both doors and are covert(Garrett is really good at being discreet!). with Gus, who touches everything, i'd rather GArett pee in the parking lot than go into the store bathrooms where Gus practically licks the floors. We also have rules when peeing in the backyard: if anyone is at our house (friends/family) he has to go behind a tree and (again) be discreet. I'm re-assured by my friends with boys...their kids do the same thing. My friends with girls, not so much:) However I went to the FW Botanical Gardens on Monday with a friend who has all girls and her preschooler totally covertly squatted and pee'd (right at the gardens). I would not be okay with my boys doing that, but it was pretty funny:) good luck:)