On Valentines Day my mom and Ryan's mom flew in to surprise the kids. Addyson and Ben had NO idea at all and it was so fun to surprise them! It is a fun memory to have and we probably won't be able to pull it off too often! The "story" was that we had to go and pick up daddy at the airport. He was out of town so it was a very logical story. The kids took it hook, line and sinker! (Never stopping to think that Daddy's car was gone because he had driven himself to the airport!)
This is the before picture of the kids horsing around waiting for daddy to come out of the gate!
For the big reveal, I was actually taking video so I didn't get any still pics but let me assure you they were head over heels excited! It actually brought tears to my eyes because both kids miss their MiMi and Nana so much that this was the best thing ever for them. It was very sweet! Addyson was in shock and just sat there for about 10-15 seconds not even moving. She just had this huge smile on her face and she was just frozen! Then of course she jumped up and ran to give hugs!
Addyson had 5 days off of school (Thursday, Friday and a Monday) so we had lots of time to hang out! GOOD thing they came when they did because right after they left we got snowed in for 2 and a half weeks! That would have been horrible if they had not been able to come! Thursday after we picked them up we came back to our house and I made lunch and the kids played. That night I made a pot roast, mashed potatoes and carrots and we had chocolate fondue for dessert. It was super yummy and fun!
Friday we headed out to crown center for lunch and an art playtime at Kaleidoscope. This is Ben's signature pose now when I ask him to smile..... :) Love him!
Addy and Nana. We're at the Crayola Cafe at Crown Center. Cute place!
Kaleidoscope is an art studio where kids can make and design all kinds of stuff with leftover supplies from the Hallmark headquarters. It is very nice inside and its free! Always a plus! The kids always have fun here!Friday night we celebrated Ben's 3rd birthday! It was still a few weeks away, but we decided to celebrate since MiMi and Nana were here. When I asked Ben what he wanted for his birthday he said, "Mickey Mouse" so that's what we went with! Ryan made a Mickey Mouse cake and Ben loved it! Here is his face looking at his finished cake!
And here's the cake.....yes, my husband made this and not me! :) Love a man that can bake!! (Actually I did bake the cake, he just put it all together!)
That night we headed out to Chuck E Cheese, the kids all time favorite place. We had pizza and played games and had a GREAT time! It was so fun to have our moms there to celebrate with us! Love them both!
LOVE Ben in this pic.....he started laughing so hard when we sang happy birthday to him! :) Sweet boy!
And of course the Mickey Mouse masks that I found at Party City. He loved it!
Ben loves to cook and play kitchen and so one of his presents was a Chef costume. Any time we are cooking he puts this on. It's super cute!
Here's the video from the airport. Not sure if this will work or not.....I'll give it a try!








1 comment:
I am pretty sure that cake could pass as professional!!! Kudos to Ryan!!
Post a Comment