Monday, September 17, 2012

Our day to day!

We are finally getting settled into somewhat of a routine!  Yay!  Addyson is in the afternoon Kindergarten.  I went back and forth if I should enroll her in full day or half day.  Here in Kansas, you do have the choice.  You pay for full day ($350/month) and half day is free.  Now that I am not working, I hated to pay to send her to school when I am home, but I of course wanted to do what was best for her too.  Not saying that half day wouldn't be best, I just needed to do a little research to find out!  After looking up stuff online and talking to some people (mainly through our realtor back when we were just looking at houses) I did decided to just to the half day and spend the other time doing fun stuff with her or enrolling her in classes outside of school.  I am SOOOO glad of the decision I made!  With full day, kids don't necessarily learn more, they just do more activities around the themes.  Kids that do full day have LOTS of fun and they are always doing something neat, but since Addyson doesn't really need extra learning time, I thought she would be just fine in half day.  So far things are going great!  We have really relaxed mornings as her school doesn't start until 12:30!  Yay!  No early morning wake ups for us!!  :) 

Our mornings so far have been spent going to the park, going to the gym, meeting up with friends for playdates before school and Gymnastics.  I did join Lifetime Fitness, which we are all really enjoying!  The kids LOVE going and they beg to go every day!  This is good!  A couple of times it has been the deciding factor for me whether to go workout or not!  They are both super happy there and love all of the activities going on.  If you have a Lifetime close to you, I would really encourage you to check it out.  It is super nice and I have been enjoying going to the group fitness classes.  I never really know what to do working out on my own (except cardio!), so I love the classes as they do all kinds of workouts that I would never attempt on my own!  So, most mornings we try and make it over there for a 9:00 workout class for mom (sometimes earlier!). 

Addyson's Kindergarten PM class has organized some playdates for the kids.  Last week we all met at the park and brought picnics.  It is great meeting the other moms of kids in her class.  I love knowing who her friends at school are and it is even better getting to know their parents!  There are only 15 kids in her class, which is a great size too! 

Friday mornings we go to Gymnastics.  Ben and I are taking a Mommy and Me class at the same time of Addyson's class.  It worked out perfectly!  There are only 3 kids in Addyson's class and there are 6 in Ben's, so both groups have the entire gym and we are all liking it!  Ben has surprised me and is doing really well as far as listening and following directions of what the teachers tell him to do.  Not that he is the type to not listen but there are 4 boys in the toddler class and the other 3 run wild and really don't do anything they are supposed to (i.e. throw the ball to your mommy, do obstacle courses, stand on the green line, etc.)  Ben is doing really good at it!  It's not really gymnastics for him, it is more coordination stuff, lots of climbing on ladders, jumping on trampoline, walking on the low balance beam, doing bear crawls across the floor.  Good stuff!  Addyson's class is working on handstands, cartwheels and bars, vault and beam.  She LOVES it and we will definitely be signing up for the second fall session!

In the afternoons, we eat lunch around 11:30 so that Addyson eats before school and Ben eats then too.  Oh wait- he is always eating so it doesn't really count!!  We drop Addy off at school at about 12:20 and then I come home and get Ben down for his nap.  Then I have a few hours each afternoon to get things done around the house, catch up on my blogs!, take a shower, etc.  It is really working out so wonderfully for us!  Some days are more productive than others! 

Addy gets out of school at 3:40 and we usually get home around 4:00 by the time I wait through the pick up line.  She is immediately off to play with neighborhood friends.  I love our street for the reason that lots of kids are out playing each afternoon and they all just run around in the backyards and front.  Wednesday nights we have church for Addyson and Thursday nights we have soccer practice, but most other nights are free for playing and hanging out! 

We'll see how all of this changes once the colder weather hits, but for now we are loving Fall!

Oh and one more little tidbit- I made the "Fat Free Pumpkin Muffins" on Pinterest and they are Delish!!  SUPER easy to make (spice cake mix, can of pumpkin, one egg white and a cup of water).  They are yummy and healthy and the kids love them too! 


1 comment:

ChelseaSalomone said...

This honestly sounds SO, SO great. I am so glad you are at home and seem to be enjoying it.