I have tried several Pinterest recipes lately and some have been super good and some not so great! Thought I would share! (Ummmm, I have a million posts to do like 3 groups of company that came in town, Addyson's first day of Kindergarten, house updates, etc, but this one sounded easy enough to get out right now!)
First, my fav has been the Chocolate Zucchini Brownies. These were SOOOO yummy! I don't think I would call them brownies though. It was definitely more like chocolate cake. There are 2 full cups of grated zucchini in there, just a 1/2 cup of oil and no eggs. There is a yummy chocolate icing that you put on top and they were super good! Sounds pretty healthy to me! Especially for how yummy they were! I kept it in the fridge and it was gone in a matter of days! Kiley was in town when I went on my zucchini spree, so she got to taste not one, but 2 zucchini recipes! Lucky her! The kids loved it and Ryan said it was one of the best things I have ever made. Score!
Second in line was the lemon zucchini bread. Super yummy as well! I made this for a brunch I went to with some Kindergarten moms in our new neighborhood. Anne had 4 of us over for brunch one morning and while I did have both of my kiddos with me (their girls are either in all day Kinder or morning) it was super fun! I brought this bread and everyone loved it! Kiley also got to try this and she came in town the next day and she approved as well. I will definitely be making this again!
Crock Pot swiss cheese chicken. Yumm!! I will make this again when it gets a little cooler, because it seems more like a cool weather recipe. I really liked it, Ryan liked it, the kids were so-so. It uses herb stuffing mix and Addyson was freaked out by the look of it. And unfortunately, my super good eater Ben, is being affected when Addyson starts saying something looks weird. He says, "Yaaaa, dat look weiiiiird" (as he laughs) and he won't eat it either. I have been having to remind Miss Addyson not to voice her opinion in front of Ben when she doesn't like something! All in all though, it was a really good recipe and I would make it again!
Cresent Chicken roll-ups- this one was good, but it has the potential to be better next time I make it. You take cresent rolls and just fill them with chicken and cheese and bake in the oven. I thought for sure Addyson would like this one! You put the rolls with filling into a baking dish and put prepared cream of chicken soup all over it. Problem was, there was about an inch of soup at the base of the pan and so that part of the chicken roll up was kind of doughy and gooey. The rest was cooked perfect. So, I think next time I would not do a full can of soup or possibly even omit this completely. Maybe just pour a little over the tops or something, but not let there be an inch of soup in the dish. Addyson did her usual squirming around on the floor "I don't like this dinner at all" routine and I finally got ONE bite in her and she said, Hmmm I like this! This is good mom! So, I think I'll try this one again. Ryan was out of town for this dinner so I don't have his opinion. Ben did not try one bite due to Addyson's scene at the beginning of dinner!
Lastly, the Hawaiian Chicken. Probably won't be making this again any time soon. The recipe sounded good to me and maybe I had it in the crock pot a little too long (8 hours or so), but the chicken was kind of dry and it turned a not so appetizing color (brownish- just didn't look too good!). The flavor was okay, but just not good enough to make again. Ryan and I both agreed that it wasn't terrible, just not really that great. I served it with rice.
All of these recipes are located under my "Looks Yummy" board on Pinterest. I would love to hear which Pinterest recipes you have made lately and how they turned out!
3 comments:
i made the zucchini brownies, too.....awesome!! our latest favorite is the cilantro/lime chicken. you blend together cilantro, lime, toasted almonds, asiago cheese, oil, garlic (maybe a few other items). I marinate about 1/2 of it on the chicken all day (I used boneless/skinlessthighs) and then poured the rest on after the chicken was cooked. We've had it twice in 2 weeks:)
ooohhh, that sounds good! Always looking for new chicken recipes! I will look that one up! Thanks!
I'm going straight to your Pinterest board! Those breads sound awesome!
Post a Comment