My 31st birthday was last weekend! Woo-Hoo! It wasn't quite as fun as 30, but that's okay! And actually I am really happy to have a birthday because you know what that means....I am here and alive! Definitely something to be thankful for each and every day!
Friday night started off a little rough- I was meeting Ryan up at Tierra Verde for an after golf tournament dinner and silent auction with Jennifer and Tammy. I was dropping Ben off at Keith and Cheryl's house and right when I got Ben out of the car he majorly barfed ALL OVER ME! And yes, it was everywhere. Hot Dogs and Cheese It's Barf covering my shoulder and all down my shirt, bra- you get the idea. Neat-O! I had been driving for almost 3 hours (long story) and at that point I was just ready to have a glass of Chardonnay in hand! So, my SUPER sweet mother in law took Ben (insisted that he was just car sick) and gave me a shirt to wear so I could still go. Seriously, that was so sweet of her! We went to the dinner and then came back to pick up Ben and take him home. Fun night- no pics :(!
Saturday, my actual birthday, my Uncle David came in town for the week. I have not seen him in over 2 years and so it was great to see him. The main purpose of his visit was to see sweet Bennie Boo as he has not ever met him. I was pregnant with Ben last time I saw my Uncle so it was very sweet of him to make a trip out to meet him! And of course, it was great to have him here to celebrate my birthday! My mom made fajitas and my fav chocolate cake and we had a great evening!


Sunday we all went out to the Fair. Fun times as always! This has been a yearly tradition with my side of the family for the past couple of years. This is the first year we have taken Ben and he had a great time. His fav was the petting zoo! He would squeal and stomp his feet and run around at all the animals. Too cute!

Addyson was an old pro at this!

Ben was getting sleepy and so Ryan put him up on his shoulders and Ben just rested his head there. It was really cute!

Me and LeeAnn!

Ryan and Stewart took the girls and Ben on the log ride. Ben had a front row seat. Not too sure what he thought about all of that!

The real thrill of the day was my dad, Ryan and Addyson riding the SkyCoaster (bunjee swing thing). I was not thrilled about this but I try not to let my scaredy pants self rain on anyone else's parade! They were all excited about this and so off they went to get suited up!

Poor thing- she didn't know what she was in for!

Yikes- here they go!

Ummmm. Yea. 180 feet up in the air my baby is about to fall. She's 4 people! 4!!!! So brave! They are that little speck on the top of the middle pole. YIKES!

My dad bought the video (Ryan had a chest cam attached to him) and it has audio too. On the way up Addyson was saying that she did not think this was a good idea and that this was not fun! Ha- too late now! If you can zoom in on this pic, it's pretty funny. My dad is smiling, Ryan is giving the thumbs up and Addyson is hanging on to her daddy for dear life! She said it was really fun though and when I asked her if she would do it again she said, "Ummm Yea!!!"

After the ride giving me the thumbs up! Ryan said it was REALLY scary and that you free fall for 4 stories in the air before the slack of the line catches. No thanks peeps- you won't catch me doing this!

Daddy and his little sidekick!

Uncle David and Addy Tate

Now on to the next thrill of the day! The Haunted House at the Fair! There was a really scary haunted house where kids were coming out crying- oh, but of course that didn't phase Addyson. She really wanted to go. I sent Ryan with her so I could stay with Ben and we spotted this lady.....

I mean is that not the creepiest thing you have ever seen??? She was standing at the end of the Haunted House and when people would come out of these doors she would jump out and make her dog/warewolf/whatever that thing is attack people. CREEPY!! She was actually really funny though because they were playing loud fun music and she was just over there smiling and dancing and scaring people. Every single time that she "got" someone she would bust out laughing. I mean, that had to get old doing that for hours a day! I was standing next to another lady and I was saying how creepy she looked and the lady said she is there doing that same job every year! So, make sure you go by and see her next year!
I had a great birthday weekend!! I am so thankful for all of my friends and family and I am so blessed!
1 comment:
I cannot believe Addyson went on that thing! I did it once back in the day at Wet n Wild and I loved it too but it was SCARY!
That dog lady thing looks like something out of Saturday Night Live- that is so funny. Slash weird!
Your birthday pics look great- hope I look as good as you when I'm that OLD. hahaha Love ya
Post a Comment