

Little Miss Addy Tate has been cracking me up lately and also making me cry!! First, the laughing part. We went to Spring Creek for dinner Sunday night (okay does it seem like we go to Spring Creek every day?!?) and Addyson wanted to bring her baby with us. I said okay- because what is the harm in that? So baby comes with us in the car (Baby's name is Ben) and it's funny how Addy talks to him and says things to him like I say to the real Ben. So cute! Anyways, baby came in to the restaurant with us and sat at the table, etc. We were making up Addyson's plate (she eats so well here- loves all the veggies, chicken, rolls, etc) and I said- What is your baby going to eat?
She then proceeds to lift up her shirt all the way and place the baby on her "boobie" (as she calls it!) and says very matter of factly- "my baby eats from my boobie. I have lots of milk in my boobie." I just sat there and was like - "oh.... well, that's nice...." I mean what can you say?!? That's what she sees me doing all day! Anyways, it was cute and we had a good laugh at it!
Then tonight she made me cry. I was laying in bed with her telling her a story as we do each and every night. She wants a princess story (surprise surprise) and all the princess stories are about a girl who finds a prince, they get married, and they live happily ever after. So, we go through this and tonight I told the Aladdin story. After it was over she was just laying there looking so sweet and precious (if I must say so myself!) and then she said, "Mommy who am I going to marry?" I just sat there and I was like, "Well, sweetie, I don't know who you are going to marry" and she wanted to know who it was going to be right then and there! It just made me tear up at the very thought of some boy coming and sweeping her off of her feet and her getting married. My little baby girl! I know, I know... lots of years before this happens but it was so sweet just listening to her sweet innocent little voice talking about this. I wish I could have recorded that moment on tape to watch over and over. So sweet!
I love my little baby girl so much! I, of course, love my little Bennie Boo too, but I just wanted this post to be all about Addy Tate! I feel she has gotten neglected a little lately just because I feel I am always having to say, "Hold On" or "I'll have to read you that story later sweetie because I have to feed Ben" or " Sorry, can't play right now, Ben's crying". She is handling it all pretty well, but she definitely has her moments where she gets jealous and it makes me sad! I guess it's all part of it- you have to learn at some point that "It's not all about you!" and it's probably best to learn that life lesson at 3 rather than 30!
3 comments:
You made me tear up! Great post :)
She is adorable! Love the stories!
LOVE this post!! We also loved Ben's announcement. Nick got home from work that day before I did, and he was so excited to show it to me!! Like a little kid or something. Ha. Miss you all.
Post a Comment