Monday, March 8, 2010

This and That

Things are going really well with little Ben! He is being SUCH a sweet little baby and we are so thankful that he doesn't seem to have the problems that Addyson had at first (milk allergy). He is the cutest, sweetest little thing and I am so in love with my little man!

My c-section recovery is another story. I have been going in to get the incision checked because in the hospital I had a slight infection. Well, it doesn't seem to be infected anymore, but it's not 100% better. It keeps draining "stuff" (sorry if this is TMI... might want to stop reading if so!). I went back in today and it seems that there is a little opening in the middle of my incision and a pocket has formed under the skin. This fills up with fluid and then leaks out. Lovely I know. So today she stuck a sterile Q-tip looking thing in my incision and put peroxide in there and said I needed to have Ryan do this 3 times a day for a week. I had to bring him back up to the Dr. office so she could show him what to do. It doesn't really hurt all that bad, it's just more the thought of what he is doing and it feels a little weird and uncomfortable. I have to go back in a week to get it checked again. Fun times!

Addyson is being pretty good with the whole transition, but she has been testing her limits a little. She has been a little mouthy lately and saying "No" and "Poo" a lot.... Any time she doesn't like something or doesn't like an answer you give her she'll say "Poo" really loud and give a little look. This doesn't last long with Ryan. Tonight she was sent to bed early with no TV, no play time in the bath tub, no games, etc. I am a little more of a softie, but I do know that we can't let her get away with her acting out. It hasn't been anything terrible and she definitely loves her little brother, so that 's good!

One last lovely moment today. I got a call at about 4:00 from our alarm company saying our alarm was going off. I knew Ryan had just left the house to go pick up Addyson and I was at my mom's house so no one was home. They said it was the master bedroom door and this has blown open before if it isn't locked. Well, turns out that is what happened (door blew open) but the icing on the cake is that our 2 lovely dogs were outside and were covered in mud from the rain and when the door opened they of course ran inside and got mud all over the ENTIRE house. Ryan and I both are pretty much over the dogs and this did not help their case. We just don't have time for them (as awful as that sounds) and I feel really bad about that. It took a while to mop, vacuum, give the dogs baths, etc. on top of getting Addyson to bed, Ben fed, dishes done, etc. Having two big dogs is a lot with 2 kids. Any takers??? :)

No comments: