Tuesday, February 2, 2010

34 1/2 weeks!

Well I've made it to 34 1/2 weeks! This is a good thing! I feel good that if he were to come any time he would be okay now! However, if I can make it past 36 weeks, which I am sure that I can, that would be even better. I had my doctor appt. today and everything looked good. I measured 37 weeks on my tummy. I wanted her to "check" me, but she said she wanted to wait until next time. I am so impatient- at this point in the pregnancy I'm just like let's get the show on the road! I'm anxious for him to be here, but then my rational side says, WAIT- enjoy this time while you can!!

I had gained 3 lbs in the past 2 weeks. Not too terribly bad, as a pound a week is what is recommended or "normal". That brings my total to 28 lbs so far. With Addyson I gained around 39, so hopefully I'll just gain a few more and be done with that! I have been super hungry lately though and I feel like I just eat all day. I try to eat healthy snacks- I bought grapes, blueberries, apples and bananas at the store the other day and eat those for snacks. However, I have also been having a sweet tooth and the other night I started craving smores. Yes, like you make when you are camping! So, I sent sweet Ryan to the store to get marshmellows, chocolate and graham crackers. I've been making these little treats all week. Yummy!! Just pop them in the oven on broil and wa-la- Smores!
I also saw a commercial for Nutella the other day. Have you ever had this delicious little treat? It's a chocolate hazelnut spread and they show it spread on toast. I, however, like to put this on everything! Apples, bananas and last night I was dipping my popcorn in it. It has the consistency of peanut butter. Ryan was getting grossed out because I had the jar and a knife and I was just dipping myself little bits here and there. He took it away. I took it back!!

Fun times eating lots of yummy stuff while preggo!

4 comments:

ChelseaSalomone said...

That's hilarious about the Nutella!! A true preggo!! :) No that stuff is fabulous- don't even think twice about eating it straight from the jar.

I can't believe he could be hear so soon! I know it may not seem that fast for you, but it seems like it's flown by.

Anonymous said...

My girls LOVE Nutella-we discovered it as a substitute for PB since one of the children in Reagan's class had a peanut allergy. I've had to limit them to only one "chocolate sandwich" (as they call them) per week so that they will still eat turkey sandwiches. Oh, the pregnancy cravings! I remember them so well!

Kiley, Brooke & Whitney said...

I can't wait for my new baby nephew to get here! And just a reminder.. I can be there in 2 1/2 hours, so let's try to hold him in until I get there ;). Miss and love you!

lisaburgess27 said...

Ok...now I'm hungry! That's not nice to do to a girl that is trying to lose the rest of her baby weight :) I've never had Nutella...I'll have to give it a try.

So exciting that you are almost there...don't wish it away too quickly...enjoy your last few weeks of good sleep (or semi-good sleep since you probably aren't sleepy that great anyway)! Can't wait to meet Ben...how about a belly pic?