Friday, February 12, 2010
No Power!
Our power went off this morning at 5:45. Lovely! We sleep with a noise fan on, Addyson's monitor (which is basically white noise!) and so when everything shuts off it gets very quiet! I am trying to explain the "we don't have electricity" thing to Addyson and she doesn't quite grasp the concept. She always crawls into our bed in the morning to watch cartoons. I told her - No cartoons today and she insisted that we try every TV in the house just to check to see if it worked. She wanted to lights on to go to the bathroom this morning and I said- "sorry, no lights!". She just kind of looks confused! I finally said, "Addyson, we don't have lights, TV, a microwave (she likes oatmeal every morning), a fireplace, etc". She then ran into the kitchen and yelled, "MOM- We DO have a microwave, look, it's right there!!". She was so excited like she made a big discovery that I had somehow missed! Hopefully it comes back on soon. We have never lost power in our house before- somehow we always get lucky with that, but not this time! Hope everyone is staying warm!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh no! Hope you get your power back on soon!
Awww... poor thing! She can't understand!! Well I hope it comes back on soon, if it isn't already. What a pain! I guess it's because of the snow?
Once every thing settles down, let me know if y'all want to get together tomorrow night.
By the way, snow ice cream is just eagle brand milk, snow and vanilla!! It's YUMMY! I tried it with milk and sugar yesterday b/c I didn't have eagle brand milk but it was not nearly as good.
Post a Comment