Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Pumpkin Pie mishaps

Tonight I made a pumpkin pie. As usual, me and the kitchen don't always add up. I thought it would be fun to have Addyson help me- she loves to help! Here she is eating marshmellows while I'm putting the ingredients together. She found these in the cabinet and loves them!

Very proud that she helped mix everything together! All is going well at this point!

Oops....


While I was pouring the mixture into the pie shell the bowl slipped out of my hands and right into the middle of what I had poured. It splattered EVERYWHERE...... nice. Half of the mixture is now out of the crust.

I was able to salvage the better part of it and I think it should be okay. Right when it happened Addyson said, "Mom, you have GOT to be more careful". Thanks Addy! She then said, "If dad sees this he is going to say this is a BIG mess." Again, yes, I am sure that is what he would say. Sigh. Oh well, I'll just have to clean all of this up!
I'm so thankful for this little munchkin.....she always keeps me smiling!


We put our outdoor lights up a few weeks ago. We turned them on this week and I love our front porch!

Here's a pic of the outside lights as well! We do have the tree up and such, but I'll do another post of indoor decorations to come. I'm not quite finished! Happy Thanksgiving all!

3 comments:

Justin and Allison said...

Your house is beautiful. Looks like fun times cooking with your daughter.

ChelseaSalomone said...

Your house looks awesome!! That cracks me up what Addy said about you spilling the mixture!

The Clarks said...

Your house is beautiful! I love Addy's room too! Sorry about your pie.