Monday, November 16, 2009

3 year old stats

Addyson had her 3 year old check up last week. Everything looked great and she is growing right on track. Or above track- she's in the 90th percentile for weight (35 lbs) and the 92nd percentile for height (39 inches). So, definitely proportionate, but on the upper end of the charts! Dr. Sampson said she looked great! She still has mild to moderate asthma and when she develops a cough, I ususally have to get a steroid for her or it can easily move into her chest. She takes breathing treatments for this as needed also. Ryan has asthma really bad and still takes meds for it and a few other people on his side have it as well. My dad had it when he was younger, so I guess she gets it from both sides! Just for my record keeping, here are other things she is doing right now as well:

Counts to 20
Can recognize all of her letters and their sounds
Knows if you say a word, what letter it starts with and vice versa.
Can recognize some sight words (mostly names and small words)
Can write a few of her letters (H, M, A, O)
Knows all of her shapes and colors
Loves to color and do art projects
Tells me 20 times a day how much she loves me!! It's the sweetest thing- she'll just randomly come up and give me a hug and say "Mom, I really love you so much". So sweet!

On another note, we are those people who yes, already have their Christmas lights up! They are not on, but they are on the house- yea! On Sunday Ryan worked at putting these up and then it started to pour down rain. Addyson has been begging to wear her new rain coat and umbrella that Nana got her for Halloween, so I let her put it on while Ryan was cleaning up all of his light mess in the yard. Yes, I let her go outside in just her little panties, a rain coat and the umbrella. Yes, it was cold and No, she doesn't have any shoes on. :) It was only for a minute or two- she had fun!



She LOVES this Cinderella dress that Grandma made for Kiley about 18 years ago. Nana found a bunch of dresses that Grandma made as dress up clothes for Kiley and Addy and Parker love playing with them. Addy talked Nana into letting her wear the Cinderella one home the other day and she literally has only taken it off to bathe. She loves it and really thinks she is a princess when wearing it!

4 comments:

Brittany said...

You would have died the other day to see Parker and Addy in their little dresses. Parker looked like Cleopatra and Addy like Cinderella. They were so so cute. Then of course there was spidey and batman in some skin tight spandex. It was awesome.
I'm glad all of her doctor stuff went well, and I am jealous that Addy is so tall and will be able to hang on the volleyball court. Maybe P can be her setter.

Kiley, Brooke & Whitney said...

whoa, whoa, whoa. Nana did not give Addy the Sleeping Beauty umbrella... that was all Aunt Kiley, I would like a retraction of that please. I think I deserve credit for instilling my love of all things Disney Princess into my baby niece.

Miss and Love you!

I am so glad that my outfits are getting some use. :)

Unknown said...

How weird! I just happened to stubble upon your page when I was on Kelsey's blog. Your daughter is adorable and really resembles you!

Anonymous said...

sexy panties she has on, I do really appreciate a mom buying her daughter sexy panties, it is so much nicer taking off a sexy pair than plain white ones