Okay- so Addyson LOVES and I mean LOVES her pacie. She always has. From day one in the hospital, she loved it! Well, here we are 2 and a half years later and she still loves it. We only let her have it at naptime and night night time, but I think it is time to give it up. This was a picture from tonight when she found 2 pacies and wanted both of them in her mouth! Not good!!!So, one time on super nanny I saw an espisode where a 4 year old still had the pacifier. Super Nanny had this great story to get rid of it and I loved it! So, I am slowly but surely tryng to implement the Pacie Fairy. I told Addyson the story this morning and she has beent talking about it today. Basically, here's the story. I told Addyson that a Pacie Fairy would be visiting soon and that she is a very very nice lady and she comes and gets big kids pacifiers and she brings them to little babies that don't have a pacie. I'll get a big manilla envelope and Addyson and I will put all of her pacies into the envelope. We'll address it and color on it and make a big deal out of it. Then, we'll go put it in the mailbox. I told her that the pacie fairy would leave her a special treat for being so nice and giving away all of her pacies. So, first thing the next day, we'll go out to the mailbox and there will be feathers, glitter and all kinds of fun stuff in the mail box along with a special treat for Addyson. The pacies will be gone! So, when she cries at night and asks for a pacie, I don't have to just tell her- no, you can't have one. That doesn't tend to go over very well! I will always remind her of the pacie fairy and how she came and took them and little babies have her pacies now. Hopefully this will work- we'll see!
So far, today she's been talking about the pacie fairy and how nice she is. When I ask her what the pacie fairy will do when she comes, she says that she'll give pacies to little babies. I don't think she's going to be really happy about this, but hopefully she'll understand it more than if I just cold turkey said "Nope, sorry, no more pacies! "
I'll keep you all posted! Does anyone else have a story on how they got rid of the pacifier??
3 comments:
We did it pretty much the same way. Emilee was 3 when we finally decided to battle her for them. But she suprisingly did really well. She was a little upset the first night but after that she hardly ever talked about them. Good luck!
I have heard many successful paci fairy stories! I hope it goes well! Let me know so I can steal your ideas when we decide to take Campbell's paci's away. I'm sure she'll do great!!!!
We left ours for Santa Claus to give to other babies who didn't have any pacis (lol!) Santa left Jacks a cool toy & a letter in it's place on Christmas morning. Whenever he asked about his pacis, we just reminded him of Santa, and he seemed fine with it.
Post a Comment