Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day to me!


I love Mother's Day! It's a day to celebrate moms and all that they do. How nice! Ryan and Addyson actually gave me my mother's day present earlier in the week. Tuesday night I had bible study and so Ryan informed me that I would have my present when I got home that night. Hmmm- I was a little confused. When I got home that night I walked in and he met me in the garage and made me close my eyes. I was even more confused at this point. He led me back to our bedroom and into the bathroom. Even more confused- what in the heck could this be??? Then he opened the shower door and told me to stand in there. I thought he was going to turn on cold water or something, but instead I heard music! I looked up and saw this: A couple of months ago I had said how I thought it would be really nice to be able to listen to music in the shower. So, he remembered that and installed a receiver in the closet and a flush ceiling speaker above the shower. I had completely forgotten about that and it was such a thoughtful idea! It was really sweet that he remembered that I had said I wanted that! So, it's been nice all week to listen to either a CD or the radio in the shower!!


Today, Ryan let me sleep in and then he cooked french toast and eggs for breakfast. Addyson came in the room and jumped up on the bed and said "Happy Mother's Day" and gave me a kiss! Nice coaching from Daddy!! We ran to Costco for some diapers and dog food and then came home and played outside for a while. Ryan made us grilled chicken salads for lunch- yummy!


Later in the afternoon after Addyson's nap we went over to my mom's house. They have a family of peacocks that live in their neighborhood and they are always wondering around. Today, they were hanging out on my parent's back porch and in the front yard:

Then Mr. Peacock saw the ladies and did this...









Impressive!! The ladies loved it!! Below are the lady peacocks running around in the flower beds. I was amazed at how big the feathers got!! The girls (addyson and hallie) loved seeing this!



MiMi with her girls!



No comments: