Thursday, December 19, 2013

Popping the Question!!

Ben loves for me to come up into his bed with him at nap time or night time.  I don't do this all the time, but if I have a few extra minutes I will.  He loves to "snuggle with me" and it is just oh so sweet of a time!  I tell him made up stories of him and Clayton and their big adventures of bear hunting, camping outside and seeing bears, going on walks in the woods with swords and flashlights (and seeing bears)- you know, typical boy stories!  :)  And there always has to be a bear involved lately!

Well, today I went up to lay with him and he said, "Mom, I want to marry you when I grow up!!" It was out of no where! We don't ever even talk about getting married and all of that stuff!!  My heart just about melted!!!!  I laughed and said, "Ben, little boys can't marry their mommies!" and he said, "I am NOT a little boy!"  Oh man, I just wanted to bottle up that moment forever and keep it in my head how his sweet little 3 year old voice sounded and his sweet little blankie all wrapped around his tiny little body.  Just bottle it all up!!

I told him that one day he would find a sweet girl and marry her and he said, "No way, I am going to marry you Mom"!  Well, you know what that is just fine by me right now!!!  I know it won't last forever (well, I guess we hope not!!)!!

Boys and their mommies have a special bond and I just LOVE having a boy!  

I was at a Christmas party a few weeks back and one of the ladies has a college age son.  She is my neighbor down the street and so she always sees me and Ben outside playing and running around.  She said that it just makes her tear up remembering her son when he was that age and she said that it is the weirdest thing now that he is "grown" and she said he's "all big and hairy!"  That image of Ben being a grown up just put a knot in my stomach!  Of course we want them to stay our babies forever, but truth is they grow up! 

So, for now- Ben can say he wants to marry his mommy all he wants!! 

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Oh that is the sweetest thing!!