Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Memorial Day visit!

By Memorial Day this year it had FINALLY warmed up a little.  Long-timers up here say this was the coldest spring and winter since 1915 or 1950.  I can't remember what the person said!  Ha!  Either way- it was a cold one!  By the end of May all my flowers had started to bloom and things were looking spring like! 


These turned out to be beautiful pink peonies! 


This year my sister, LeeAnn, her husband Stewart and their 2 kids, Hallie and Lauren, all visited us for Memorial Day.  It was the first time they were able to come visit since we have moved here so I was super excited for them to come up!  The night before they got here, Addyson had her first trampoline accident (of course) and bonked her tooth really bad into the neighbor girls head.  Ouch.  This put a little damper on trampoline activity for the weekend because I was paranoid she would hit it again and injure it further.  We took her in to the dentist on Tuesday and it ended up healing itself just fine.  Thank goodness because it was a permanent tooth!  That stresses me out!! 
The McKinney's got here LATE Friday night (about 12:30) and so the kids were excited to see each other on Saturday morning! 

Playing on the swings.  You can see how green it is here! 



Sweet little cousins!  Minus Lauren!

On Saturday evening our neighborhood had a summer kick-off party.  We had a fun time swimming!

Well, Lauren wasn't really having it here!  I think the water was a bit cold for her! 

Love this picture of Ben telling Lauren something important!



These girls swam all day!




Sunday the guys went fishing and LeeAnn and I took the girls to DeAnna Rose.  We had a fun morning there! 



We had a fun weekend.  The only bad part was that they had to leave so soon!  I hope they will come back and visit again soon.  Oh, and notice I did not get ONE picture of me and my sister together.  :( 

No comments: