Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Where do the days go?

I have so many things to blog about, but honestly, I just don't have my computer out like I used to!  It's good and bad!  When I was working, I was on my computer A LOT.  Like obsessively a lot.  I was always checking work email and in between I would always check blogs, fb, etc.  I would find more time to update my blog because it was out!  Now, I don't have a designated "spot" for my laptop yet because I don't have my own office anymore.  So, I check fb and email on my phone but not so good yet at updating my blog! 

I need to do a house update post.  A "how we are doing with the move" post.  A Ben and Addy update post.  And posts about our fun summer outings.  But I'll just try and hit the high points for now!  Better that than nothing!

First, house updates.  Everything is going really well with the house (knock on wood right now!) The couch is here.  Yay!  (its pretty beat up, but again, that's details not the high points!) The painting is done (well for the most part.....need to call the painters out to repaint the half bath because I see some spots).  Decorations are being bought, but for sure not close to being done decorating.  It's hard to re-use old stuff because it had just the perfect spot in our old house and all the walls and spaces are different in the new house.  We did buy a big painting for our dining room last weekend.  I am excited to see it up on the walls.  We have never really bought much "art", its been more prints framed, etc.  But this is an actual piece of abstract art and it was so big it wouldn't fit in the car!  Excited to see that up on the wall- hopefully we'll get it this week!  Everything else is coming into place.  I am REALLY liking our master bedroom.  I got window treatments put up and we bought all new furniture.  I'm loving the way it has turned out.  Pics to come! 

Second, "how we are doing with the move" update.  Overall, things are going REALLY well up here!  We have met some very nice people up here, Addy has found some really cute little girls to hang out with, we have extremely nice neighbors (just got another plate of cookies tonight- score!!), Ben doesn't know the difference, we have plans for both nights this weekend AND we have a great babysitter!  All in one month!!  I went to a neighborhood "social committee" meeting last week and had some wine afterwards.  It was nice to get out of the house and meet some women in the neighborhood.  Our neighborhood is really great and they have events throughout the year.  The biggest is the Fall bash and they have a big band, tents, catered food and open bars.  Last year they even had buses to take people home and the party is IN our neighborhood.  Ha!  It must get pretty crazy!  There is a neighborhood book club, neighborhood dinner club, Women and Wine group, etc.  I'm excited to get more involved in those things!    On the flip side, it almost feels like it is "time to come home now", vacation is over, ready to go back to Texas type thing.  It feels like we have been here and had fun, but it just feels like we aren't really staying here and we are!  Nana and Parker were here this last weekend and it was hard to see them leave.  I felt like we should all be going back and meeting up for Sunday dinner and having the cousins play.  But we aren't a part of that anymore and it's kind of sad.  They are meeting up for Sunday dinner and having cousin play dates without us (which of course, I am so glad they are!!), but it just feels weird knowing about it and knowing that we are not and can not go!  I am sure all of that will pass and I'll get used to it, but for now, it's a little strange and sad!  My mom and dad are coming in a week and a half, so that does make it easier when we have people coming in often!  Right after that Jennifer and Tammy are coming with the kids are we are really looking forward to that as well!

Ben and Addy update.  They both are doing great.  It was hard for Addy this last weekend when Nana and Parker left.  Poor thing.  It's really becoming real to her too.  I heard her crying in her room the other night and she was saying how she really wanted to move to Kansas but now she just wants to go back to Texas.  That just BROKE my heart and put this knot in my stomach that she was feeling that way.  Poor baby!!  I need to really realize how hard this is for her too- taking her away from everything she has ever known. Despite all of this, she is having fun here (although some days she will not admit this!).  There is a little girl next door and they play EVERY day and then she has met some other girls too.  We meet up at the pool and Addy has been invited over to play and such.  She starts soccer in August and so she's looking forward to that as well.  She is also VERY excited about school and I hope she loves it! 

Ben is doing great.  He is at such a cute, adorable age and every day I just want to bottle him up with everything he does.  Just this week his new trick is taking off his shirt.  He can get it off in about one second.  For example today at the library.  I was on one aisle with Addy and I hear Ben shriek and run around the corner shirt in hand, laughing so hard.  Little stinker!!  He thinks it is SOOO funny!  I am also just LOVING all the kisses he gives me and I know that he won't be loving on me like this for long.  We are reading this book right now about 10 puppies (that Nana brought) and the last page is 10 little puppies kiss mama good night.  He always turned around, takes the paci out of his mouth, grabs my cheeks and kisses me right on the lips.  MELTS MY HEART!!  Love this little boy to pieces.  We'll be reading that book every day!!  He really is so sweet and fun loving.  He keeps me laughing and just shaking my head at all of his antics. 

And lastly (for those of you still reading!), our summer outings.  We are finding our way around town.  We mostly go to our neighborhood pool, which is greatness!  It is really nice and only for our neighborhood so its never crowded.  Loving that!  We have also been to the Rec Center for a few events, to the library, to the Farm right down the street (it is great!- been there several times),  and downtown a few times.  It's been so darn hot here that we have not been to the zoo yet or to some of the other farms I wanted to visit.  But hopefully this fall we can go to some of those places! 

That's all for now!  Sorry no pics- I need to figure out more of getting my iPhone pics onto this computer.  I think its supposed to be automatic with iCloud, but I haven't taken the time to see where they are!  Thanks for reading all of this!!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

i am so glad to read an update from you! Moving is so hard but you are making it look easy. I'm sure it will get even easier once school starts and you start to fall into a routine. keep the updates coming! we miss you guys!

ChelseaSalomone said...

So glad for this update. It will get easier on all of you, I'm sure it helps Addy so much to see you and Ryan being brave and happy about things too. Good life lessons ha!

You need to post pics!! I'm dying to see!!!

Tammy said...

Lisa - I enjoyed all the updates. We miss you all and can't wait to spend a few days with yall in August. Hugs!

Kelsey said...

So happy to read all the updates! Happy to hear what a great neighbirhood you guys live in - makes a huge difference - and hope the transition period doesn't last much longer :) will you guys come to Texas for Christmas? We'll be there Dec 27-Jan 5 and woukd love to see you all!