Monday, June 25, 2012

Hello from Kansas!

Hello friends!!  It's me!  Lisa that moved to Kansas!  I feel like my whole life has been a big blur the past few weeks.  We have been SOOOOO busy and every day I wake up feeling like I have run a full marathon the day before.  Every part of my body just aches and I'm so tired!  Moving is hard work, and definitely hard with 2 little ones!  Okay, enough complaining!  I know it will get better once we get all organized and all of the boxes unpacked.  Living amongst boxes is not my favorite thing and it just drives me crazy!

Going back a week or so, movers were supposed to be here on a Wednesday and did not pull up until Friday at 4:00.  Not a happy camper!!  We were meeting my mom half way on Sunday to pick up the kids so this gave me ONE whole day to get unpacked without my little darlings as compared to 3-4 days as I was planning on having.  So that threw a major kink in the plans right there.  That is why I am so behind!  As soon as the kids got here they wanted to go and do all of the stuff I had been telling them about and so I took them instead of unpacking.  I know they were excited about doing things here and so that was more important than boxes being unpacked.  But here it is a good week in and we are definitely making some progress!

The kids have been really good, for the most part!  Our neighborhood is really great and the day we got here there were presents on the front door from one neighbor and then our next door neighbors came over with cupcakes and more goodies for the kids.  Ben and Addy just loved that!  And it was so, so thoughtful of them to do that.  You know, it doesn't take TOO much effort to do nice things for others and it really meant the world to us!  There are 7 little girls on the street, mostly older than Addyson (about 9-12 years old), but Clarissa next door is Addyson's exact age and so they have been playing every day.  YAY!  Ben naps, Addy goes next door to play = Mom can get things done.  You know, like blogging like I'm doing now!  :)  Joking- I told myself I needed to take an hour to myself now that the house is completely quiet!  Yay for me!

We had our first ever babysitter last Thursday night.  Ryan's boss came in town and wanted to take us to dinner.  There is a 17 year old girl 2 houses down and she is cute as can be and so I tracked her down and she was available!  Everything went smoothly and the kids really liked her!  Score!!  I will probably be enlisting her services more often as we get settled in.  She was so nice and her mom is a nurse at the children's hospital.  Double score!  

So, all in all, things are going great.  We are just living in a mess right now.  The other half of our couch still isn't here and so that makes arranging the living room not possible.  We've been hanging out in the basement lots, so that is good.  It's nice and cool down there too!

Here's a few pics of the house.  There is still some signs of construction here, so don't mind those!  I'll do a post once everything is in semi-order!  The kitchen cabinets used to be honey oak and now everything is white!  Floors are dark walnut.  Definitely looks much better! I am really happy with all of the paint colors we chose too!! 

 New dining room!
 Hearth room!
The chaos as I was unpacking!  AHHHHHH!  Help me!! 

Addy happy as can be in her new room!

Princess canopy over her bed!

Daddy and Addy!

Gifts from new neighbors!

yummy!
Ben and Addy at the farm by our house.  WHEN you all come to visit we will definitely go here, it's awesome!  

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post. Glad things are going well, but I totally remember the physical exhaustion on moving. It IS painful. It sounds like such a great neighborhood...excited for your new friends, babysitters, etc! Take Care!! :)

Whitney O'Neal said...

Wow. Your house looks beautiful. The neighbors sound awesome. I'm so excited for you and your new adventure.

Kelsey said...

Your house looks amazing! And, how special to get all the goodies from your neighbors...so happy to hear all the good news! Keep the updates coming :)

sara said...

glad you made it safe!
I'll make sure to show my Addi pictures tonight of your Addy!

Unknown said...

I LOVE your new house! And Addy's room already looks GREAT! I hope the kids (and the parents) are adjusting well. By the way, thank you for your words of encouragement. Its great to know other moms deal with similar things.