Friday, March 9, 2012

The makings of a fit....

Oh my sweet Benjamin!  You make mommy smile each and every day!!  Ben has definitely entered the world of throwing little (sometimes not so little) tantrums and fits.  The beauty of the second child is that I can often sit back and laugh about these little fits, although annoying sometimes, but none the less I know that this too shall pass.  With the first child, I think parents are often mortified by these actions of their child and think, What in the world happened to my sweet baby??!!  But with the second, you know that it is all just a phase and a part of them learning how to control their emotions and get what they want and its actually quite funny to watch!  

Dinner with Ben is never a dull moment!  Pretty much every night he throws food, gets put in time out, gets mad, apologizes with the sweetest little melt your heart words and then it all continues!  He can go from super toot to super sweet in a matter of minutes!  Love this boy!

Getting mad.....appears to be a self inflicted fish hook! 
 flailing about!  Getting pretty worked up!
 Sorry mommy.....
 okay, this is my super mad face.  Grrrr.....I am M.A.D at you!  (for who knows what!)
 Tantrum ensues!  Tray is kicked off of high chair, feet come up, lots of screaming. 
Now, I know you might think this is terrible that I was photographing all of this, but trust me, it didn't really change things!  As crazy as it is sometimes, I really do love this age!  His little words just crack me up and make me smile!  The other night in the bath the water was a little hot and right as he was puting his little hiney in the water he popped back up and said, "Ouch, hot booty!"  Ha!!  The way he says booty is so darn cute- he kind of draws it out and it's more like, boooootyyyyyy.  Love this little boy of mine!

2 comments:

Marcy said...

Ugh, Jensen is doing it too and it is really stressing me out! His come with big crocodile tears and all...such a stinker. We went to lunch yesterday and it was the first time either child has embarrassed me in a restaurant...not fun!

Unknown said...

I found your blog from Misti's:) Love this post. i need to remember to blog about the good, the bad, and the ugly:) Gus is going to be my tantrum thrower, too.